• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List / Chart My Current SSBU 3.0 Tier List

21atpower

Smash Rookie
SSBU Tier List as of 5/6/19
Top Tier:
  1. Olimar
  2. Peach/Daisy
  3. Shulk
  4. Lucina
  5. Pikachu
  6. Pichu
  7. Fox

Upper High Tier:
  1. Snake
  2. Mario
  3. Inkling
  4. Greninja
  5. Zero Suit Samus
  6. Wolf
  7. Pokemon Trainer
  8. Cloud
  9. Yoshi

Lower High Tier
  1. Palutena
  2. Mega Man
  3. Pac Man
  4. Donkey Kong
  5. Bowser
  6. Wario
  7. Ness
  8. R.O.B.
  9. Marth
  10. Link
  11. Roy
  12. Chrom
  13. Young Link

Mid Tier
  1. Samus/Dark Samus
  2. Ike
  3. Pit/Dark Pit
  4. Joker
  5. Wii Fit Trainer
  6. Mewtwo
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Lucas
  9. Meta Knight
  10. Lucario
  11. Simon/Richter
  12. Luigi
  13. Falco
  14. Sonic
  15. Toon Link

Low Tier
  1. Corrin
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Captain Falcon
  4. Bayonetta
  5. King K. Rool
  6. Incineroar
  7. Mr. Game and Watch
  8. Duck Hunt
  9. Mii Gunner
  10. King Dedede
  11. Dr. Mario
  12. Ryu
  13. Ken
  14. Jigglypuff
  15. Rosalina and Luma
  16. Mii Swordfighter
  17. Kirby
  18. Villager
  19. Isabelle
  20. Zelda
  21. Mii Brawler
Bottom Tier
  1. Sheik
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Ridley
  4. Robin
  5. Piranha Plant
  6. Little Mac
  7. Bowser Junior

Important note in placings: Aside from the bottom tier characters, I do not think that any of these characters are genuinely bad or have no tools. Most of them do have really good kits, and they are only bad relative to the others above them. However, I do think that the majority of the mid and low tier characters are tournament viable. Characters such as Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, and Incineroar have been getting decent results, and mid tiers like Ike and Meta Knight have been getting good results and Simon and Richter have been used as effective counterpicks.
On the contrary, I don’t think that the top tier characters are broken or miles ahead of the rest of the cast. I think that characters like Wario and Wolf are often carried by really good players, and their results are due more to their players’ skill than the character’s kit. Overall, I think that the game is well-balanced and there is counterplay to all characters, and therefore the majority of the cast is viable.
Heavies in this tier list were ranked if they were used as solo-mains, though I do think that their value greatly increases as counterpicks. They are just held back by a few bad matchups, but as secondaries they are very strong. This is why I always keep a heavy as a secondary.
I had a lot of trouble deciding who the top tiers were because as I mentioned before, I do not think that any of these characters are genuinely broken (aside from Olimar and Peach/Daisy). They don’t have tools that are miles above the rest of the cast, like how in Smash 4 Bayonetta could kill off of one hit and Cloud could juggle characters to rack up huge damage and then get early kills with limit, while limit also fixed his only weakness which was recovery. Most characters aren’t like this in ultimate.
I think that this is good for the balance of the game but I wish that ultimate had more jank overall. It’s okay for characters to have broken tools as long as the character itself is not broken, and when ultimate removed these tools (luigi cyclone, ding-dong/koopa, ZSS up air strings), I was disappointed because they made the game more exciting, entertaining, and unpredictable, they allowed for big comebacks, and they made characters threatening who otherwise wouldn’t have been threatening. It seems hard to patch jank into the game, but I hope they don’t go overboard with nerfing strong options.
Unpopular opinions: Shulk is amazing and a top player needs to pick him up. Wolf is overrated, Mario is incredibly underrated. Pac Man and Mega Man are both really good.

THE END.

Top Bottom