• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My controller?

1Twinmuduck

Smash Rookie
Over the course of about a year now I've been experiencing an interesting problem. This error pretty much only occurs when I'm playing Falco and Fox, if I dash short hop laser fast fall approach, sometimes my character will do a b turnaround on the laser. I thought it was because my controller was old(classic GameCube controller). So when that started becoming an issue I bought the new smash 4 designed ones. You know the one with the flaming smash ball from GameStop. I didn't love it, handled well but I was still experiencing the same issue! So I pulled some cash and bought one online, one with GameCube written on it. I thought that would do me but I'm STILL having the same problem. I've taken the time to record and watch my hands and controller to make sure I wasn't accidentally imputing any b turn arounds and I wasn't. I came to the conclusion that it's because I'm flicking the stick. When I release the stick after dashing the stick "rebounds" to the opposite side slightly giving me the b turnaround, that is what's causing this problem. So I want to know if there's a way to "tighten" my controll stick so I can maintain my play style or if I need to just learn to manually reset my controll stick to neutral after every imput. Any help is appreciated thanks!

NitroSSBM

The coolest Falco of all time
I've heard that the new Smash 4 GameCube controller can give you this problem, but it seems like you were doing this before then. Its probably just the way that you do the SHL turnaround movement which you'll just have to grind out and eventually you'll get this to stop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom