• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my bro gets bored easly in the game now,what happend?

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
I thought florida had a bunch of smashers. O_o
Also what your brother said about the strategy thing thats bull.
you have to find your own yes, however you do need help to find your own ways to put things to use.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
back to the main question, really dude, smash isn't addictive to everyone. Some people seriously don't like it as much as i wish it weren't true. if i play smash too much with my friends they get bored of it and moan and/or violently attack me at the very beginning syllable of suggestion of the game. really. this may be happening with ur brother. if so, consider how long a day you try to get him to play. if the answer is 30 minutes or more, try backing off a little. play DBZ a little, get better at that, play a game you can compromise on, or just go outside for a while.

After two weeks or so of this, try bringing smash back up. if he resists, point out that you've relented to his requests for DBZ and that you deserve a chance to play what you want. This is the part where you own him. hard. challenge him so much that he'll want to play more so that he can beat you again. this is my theory for what will work for your brother, this isn't exactly what works with my friends though. but try it, see if it works.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
don't beg him to play n stuff, he'll prolly ask u after a...while.

How do you get 4 stocked by ur bro <_<, get advice, practice, and then 2 stock him, he prolly would want a re-match.
he never had an advice for me, only advice was "use your OWN strategy,no one elses"

i tell him to coach me better, he says " i dont coach, i only play"

man..im tired of all the BS,its sad...

brg

Smash Ace
Hey man i knew some guy who would 3 stock everyone i knew

I started practicing advanced techs and ****, trying to make up my own strategies, and most of all, play alot against human opponents.
Now its a close match between me and him, he beats me a little more than I beat him, but still, thats a pretty **** good improvement compared to being 3 stocked easily

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Me, my brother and our friends play Melee with eachother often, and it's probably because I can beat him a good amount of the time unless he plays Fox (I never use Fox, simply because my brother mains him), otherwise he usually has one life left at the end.

Generally none of our friends will beat my brother, (happens on occasion) but will still put up a fight.

So I can only assume that he continues to play because he still loses sometimes.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I'm unlucky because I don't even have a brother. My sisters will only play with me once in a blue moon. So I don't really have much advice for you.

It seems, however, that your brother thinks that DBZ is a superior game to Smash. He has more fun playing that. If he doesn't get bored from extended play, I doubt that will ever change.

Tough luck, I guess. See if you can't cultivate Smash fever in a few of your friends.
Same here, I only have a sisiter who hardly ever plays, well, I have 2 half-brothers, but they don't even live with me, nor do they even know the game.

@ Teeman: Anyway, just train until you're really good. If that doesn't get him to play much again, well, I guess he just got bored of the game. It is 5 years old. I have some friends who play, but don't play on the competitive level, and I think they're starting to get bored of it. :(

Flarefox

Smash Ace
after 4 stock matches,he wins all his games,he goes"getting boring" and adds items,he beats me worse,and say"wanna play DBZ?" me:"we always play dragonball z budokai,it boring"i wanna play my bro in smash,i dont care for losses,anyway to solve this?
Punch him in the face. :colorful:

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
its a good thing we play ONLY on friday and saterday, he got more interest on finding combos, he just learned to chain grab yesterday, me...im getting my shine spike working, and yoshi maybe my next sec. main =/, he has a hard time edge guarding me out, combing me, and i dont get stunned in mid-air much either... guess that means

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
in my case I was bored of smash till I found out about advance techniques. I became more and more into it as I tried to smooth up my edges after finding out the other side of smash. It became more fun and competitive and challenging as i found others who used these techniques.

Although I'm not good, I also teach my friend these techniques in order for me to learn as well. He used to use Kirby and get destroyed by my Falco. I introduced him to Doc to transition him into a Mario player (he seemed like that kind of style). I taught him some stuff.(wavedash, l-cancel, you know the dealio). His Doc is pretty strong and he wants to get better everytime in order to compete.

My point is, get him to want to improve his game. Find him some challenging opponents, take him to tourneys, maybe improve your game in order to whoop him :)

th0rn

Smash Lord
Of course playing the same person in a 1v1 is going to get boring. Find some other people to play with...

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
My cousin plays me smash on a daily basis, and changes his main every week. He enjoys playing on a competitive level even though he doesn't do advanced techs. I say watch some combo vids and mix up some combos of your own, and show him some variety.

...or there's always Brawl.

Top Bottom