• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Bowser tactics need help?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I second main Bowser whenever I'm bored of playing as Zelda.

I don't know how to describe my Bowser tactics in words I should upload a video of me playing as him but anywho.

One of the main things I've notice when playing is that once players notice I guard often so that I can counter with a Up-B I'm pretty much forced to start attacking them which isn't a real problem but then they start guarding/jumping and if I attack their guard they grab me and its easy to do that with Bowser seeing his attack have some bad lag after them.

I'll do a running A, their guard it then I'll get punished or I'll do a Fair and the same thing will happen so then I start thinking maybe I can down special B them and it all ends the same.

any suggestions fellow Bowser players?

Hope I'm not being to unclear on this.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
Try practicing with NPCs. Try using fast attacks. Run towards them, jump and use you fire to stun them, then use ^b the second you hit the ground and the rest will come. Try that out.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've got a good idea, take what 8OW53R just said, and don't do it. You're bowser will have improved immensely.

Don't use bowser's running attack, you're just asking to get punished. Just space tilts and F-airs gg.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
if they're just sitting in their shield then move in range enough to tilt them without them ebeing able to grab you or use your Klaw.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
well everyone has their own strategy. mine 90% always works. he may not use it, u may not use it but im just trying to give helpful ideas that i use. if none of you like it, ignore me and give other ideas that are better than mine. im just trying to help the guy.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
well everyone has their own strategy. mine 90% always works. he may not use it, u may not use it but im just trying to give helpful ideas that i use. if none of you like it, ignore me and give other ideas that are better than mine. im just trying to help the guy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The problem is, your ideas won't work against a competent opponent. hence why telling someone to practice lame ideas on NPCs is dumb, don't get defensive, just think before you post, most people aren't going to let you use fire, and then up-b without punishing.

B0NK

Smash Lord
He is right, most people will DI away from you after there in the fire putting your up-b out of range.

Like KevinM said, spacing tilts and fair should work. Another approach I use is to jump and use your airdodge right into them and use your up-b instantly. This only works well at mid-percentages because if there at a low percentage you won't knock them up high enough to follow up with another attack. Another approach is side-b, but usually my opponent learns to stop shielding and roll backwards instead. Like every approach with Bowser, if you miss you will have to deal with the lag now that there isn't L-Cancel. My best advice is to predict how your opponent is going to play defense and then you can figure a way to attack.

L Jang

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i believe playing defensive until youre comfortable with your opponents tactics and then going on the offensive is a good plan.
When you charge at your enemy while theyre shielding, theyre most likely to either roll back, dodge, or continue shielding, so its just a matter of anticipating the opponent.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
He is right, most people will DI away from you after there in the fire putting your up-b out of range.

Like KevinM said, spacing tilts and fair should work. Another approach I use is to jump and use your airdodge right into them and use your up-b instantly. This only works well at mid-percentages because if there at a low percentage you won't knock them up high enough to follow up with another attack. Another approach is side-b, but usually my opponent learns to stop shielding and roll backwards instead. Like every approach with Bowser, if you miss you will have to deal with the lag now that there isn't L-Cancel. My best advice is to predict how your opponent is going to play defense and then you can figure a way to attack.
Almost on the money, but airdodging at them just asks to get grabbed, not that grabbing does **** in this game anyways.

Top Bottom