• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My biggest problem with Arm Rotor is..

1FC0

Smash Lord
..The cord!

Can anyone explain how Arm Rotor is possible despite the cord?
Maybe R.O.B. uses magnets to reattach it.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
Mine is the missinput to this move that get's you punished big time or falling to your doom. Also the thing that it is easilly escapable during the multihits and punishable after is also a problem. If it wasn't for the midiocre reflect capabilities then it would have been the worst move ever.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Mine is the missinput to this move that get's you punished big time or falling to your doom. Also the thing that it is easilly escapable during the multihits and punishable after is also a problem. If it wasn't for the midiocre reflect capabilities then it would have been the worst move ever.
No it would still be better than Spinphony. Personally I think that Spinphony is the worst move ever.

But yeah Arm Rotor does have a few problems but it is better than it was in SSBB.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
If it weren't for the big startup and end lag, I think it would be a really viable move which is much needed in the meta. But well, at least with customs a misintput to this move is not so punishable.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Now I'm wondering if it's a good or bad thing that R.O.B.'s cord breaks logical reasoning.
Somebody find a slow motion clip of arm rotor, please!

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Now I'm wondering if it's a good or bad thing that R.O.B.'s cord breaks logical reasoning.
Somebody find a slow motion clip of arm rotor, please!
You could also go to training mode and use Arm Rotor while in 1/4 speed to see it. Maybe I am going to do that since I am pretty curious how it works. I remember this bothering me in SSBB too since the cord is so weird.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yeah, I actually just did that right now. It actually seems sort of lazy, lol.

The end of the cord connected to the base just goes around in a circle along the base, if that makes any sense.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps the place that it's plugged into moves down off of his arm piece while it's spinning, then back up again when he's done. He is a hyper-advanced robot, after all.

As for the move itself, I use it quite often in FG, usually a guaranteed hit if the enemy is rolling from the ground. Or just as an anti-rollspam move in general, since it catches rolling so easily.

1FC0

Smash Lord
In FG 1v1 I actually broke a shield with Arm Rotor. Against someone who knows what he is doing it is probably better to go for the shield poke but against a noob you might want to go for the shield break since breaking shields can be pretty fun.

Top Bottom