• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My basic guide to the use of Pikmin & Olimar.

Litbut

Smash Rookie
Alright. When you begin a match, Olimar starts with 3 Pikmin. So pick 3 more. As I said, Olimar doesn't have many attacks that don't involve Pikmin.

Alright. The Pikmin have 5 colors that represent different elements according to their color.

Though the purple Pikmin can only be used in short range since they don't fly far. Also Pikmin don't fly very far. So you would need to get close enough to use them. In the heat of combat, you have to pick Pikmin fast. 6 B presses in under 3/4 of a second or faster. Olimar can't defend himself without Pikmin. Also, all Pikmin die when Olimar is KOd. So you'll have to use the invincibility frames to get as many Pikmin as you can. He can hold up to 6. Olimar can't grab without Pikmin either. He does have strong throw attacks though, with a great reach for a throw attempt. The Pikmin can be killed off though. Olimar isn't as fast as someone his size would be. He does have moderately powerful attacks. Oh yeah, whether you have a leave, bud or flower on your Pikmin doesn't matter. There isn't an increase in abilities or strength. And now for a list of his special move and a damage guide to his side smash. Other than that and what I told you, this is all I know. I haven't used him enough to know anything else.

B: Pick Pikmin.
Up B: Some tether grab like thing.
Down B: Call your Pikmin.
Side B: Throw Pikmin onto your enemy. A great time for that is if your enemy is stunned and you throw all your Pikmin onto them. They'll rack up 80 to slightly over 140% before your enemy recovers.

Side B damage guide:
White: hits up to 9 times for 54%
Blue: hits up to 8 times with 16%
Purple: hits once for 6% (the side B sends the purple Pikmin farther.)
Red: hits 8 times for 16%
Yellow: hits 8 times for 16%

Olimar's side smash:

These assume you're using the C-Stick or very short charge times.

Far range: (5 or more character spaces)
Blue: 6%
White: 9%
Red: 9%
Yellow: 6%
Purple: N/A. They fly but one or two character spaces.

Medium range: (4 character spaces)
Blue: 11%
Red: 12%
Yellow: 9%
Purple: N/A. Not in range.

Short range: (1-3 character spaces)
Blue: 15%
White: 11%
Red: 12%
Yellow: 9%
Purple:16%

Point blank rage: ( 1 character space or directly in front of a character.)
Blue: 15%
Red: 15%
Yellow: 13%
Purple: 18%

As you can see, Pikmin do varying amounts of damage. All of his attacks that involve Pikmin does varying damage. The ones that don't have a set damage. I haven't spent a lot of time using him.

isospeedrix

Smash Rookie
Dang this is really nice! I was wondering would it be wise to not spawn as many pikmin so you dont have to worry about randomness?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
This is all basic information found in the official guide. Look there before creating random threads.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
That was extremely rude of you, -Ven-. This person put a lot of time and effort making this post, even though the information is superfluous. Nevertheless, -Ven-, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thank you for the contribution. However, Echo's guide has pretty much all of the information you have here already. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, though!

Litbut

Smash Rookie
It's basic. I don't use Olimar much. He does have some good attacks if you can use him well. Also that was my second guide to anything. The first was to some fan game based off Metroid.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
I'm not upset by the effort you made, obviously making great guides takes effort practice information all sorts of things.

I'm upset by your inability to see and respect the guide currently in the works stickied at the top of this forum kept by NC_Echo. It contains everything you said here and much much more. I think you could actually learn a great deal from that guide, despite it not yet being complete. Your mini guide only containing a small repeat of information unfortunately makes this nothing more than clutter to the general board. I would suggest you reading and learning from the great guide we have already, and in general searching around the forum to see all the things we know already. That way we can avoid senseless repetition of things we already know, and keep discussion limited to productive development of unexplored topics and development of play style built from the basics we already have neatly collected in Echo's guide and a couple other prominent posts.

Thanks for understanding, hopefully, and we should now just let this thread die peacefully so to keep the most relevant topics near the top of the forum. Any extra flaming bashing or anything else here will only bump it to the top and be generally not useful to anyone.

-True

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your contribution, and I appreciate the effort you put into this guide, but it's already catalogued in the sticky. I'm sure, however, that the willpower leading you to make this guide will also make you a successful Olimar player and a source of ideas on this forum - in other words, keep up the good work!

oventoastedhashbrowns2

Smash Rookie
pikmin isnt that good so i dont no y u bother righting about it. captin falcan is beter than olimar and captin falcan is good in the first place lucus is

Litbut

Smash Rookie
Well. Olimar may end up being way better than we expect. This double post was an accident. Hadn't realized I already posted. Sorry.

Top Bottom