• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My attempt at fixing WFT's hitboxes

RichWalk9891

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

I've been browsing the Hitbox Visualization thread for WFT as well as other combatants, and I'm understanding how her hitboxes appear to be poorly proportioned and placed. After a few image copies and a few adjustments from Photoshop, I decided to upload my attempt at improving WFT's hitboxes.

My suggestions are coloured in blue to help differentiate the official and my own, and their placements are either replacements or additions depending on the moveset. Because WFT's range is notoriously short, I decided to extend and slightly exaggerate her range, but not to ridiculous levels.

[Jab 1]
There are now hitboxes on the toes and knee, and there is also a hitbox on the elbow to make the placements on the arm look less awkward.

[F-Tilt: Frame 5]
There are now hitboxes placed on and below the leg right before the leg rises to complete the Dancer pose.

[F-Tilt: Frame 6]
All of the hit-boxes are enlarged to help hit smaller characters from both directions, and the hit-box on the foot is also enlarged to strike airborne characters easily.

[U-Tilt]
There is now a hitbox on the arm and leg beneath the other arm pointing towards the air.

[D-Tilt]
The hitbox for the knees is slighly longer to add more range.

[F-Smash]
There are now hitboxes on the knee and foot below WFT's left arm (from her perspective).

[U-Smash]
Now, this looks rather exaggerated and ridiculous (and phallic, ha ha), but it's actually a quick reference to Lucina's U-Smash, as it's known to have hitboxes on her feet that has no part on how she swings the sword up in the sky with her arm. I decided to add new hitboxes by WFT's feet to give the attack more horizontal range for grounded opponents only. The green hitbox is the 'tipper', and since I presume that the official 'tipper' is the darker red beneath it, I decided to make it slightly bigger.

[D-Smash]
I noticed that the hitbox on the feet gives slightly more range than the fingertips, so I decided to balance it out by extending the hitbox on the fingertips a bit more. I also placed another hitboxes on both sides to give this move a little more range.

[N-Air: Frame 8]
Originally there were no hitboxes on Frame 8, so I decided to add the hitboxes in to have the attack activate slightly earlier.

[N-Air: Frame 9-10]
Both frames have their hitboxes extended away from each other to help add more range, which hopefully allow for the N-Air to U-Smash combo to be performed easier, especially with the Frame 8 hitboxes.

[F-Air]
And finally, the troublesome F-Air attack. While I opted not to give it a new hitbox beneath the attacking arm, I did place another hitbox on the fingertips to add more range. Also, I've added new hitboxes on the knees, and larger hitboxes for the feet to make the 'meteor smash' attack easier to land.

---
Just be aware that this is merely an amateur attempt as I am not very familiar with how the mechanics work at an expert level, just the basics. And this was purely for fun as well.

2018 Edit: The [F-Tilt: Frame 6] image has been bothering me for some time, so I decided to readjust it to make it appear less clunky to look at overall.

What are your thoughts on the new hitboxes? Would they be more helpful for WFT?

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I really, REALLY like these! For Nair, I would add a small stomach hitbox to ensure that enemies get hit by by falling nair. Everything else would be a dream come true...

Top Bottom