• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my Anime experience

Was this a good post to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
Hi everyone, just want to share a small story about me getting recently into Anime and want you guys to please give me advice, recommendations, knowledge you would share,any thoughts about this so I could connect with you all and discuss. I am so excited to see your posts and talk to each and every one of you ;)
I want to thank you in advance for everyone like, comment, and view. My poll I made got 75 views and I was amazed I got that much by you guys. Special Thanks to Family Team for giving me that last bit of motivation and supportedme ever since I signed up (#Family Team) plz check him out he's cool. So lets get started

I just got into anime after a friend recommended it, me being in high school making this a popular topic. He recommended the most popular anime in my school, yep 99% (lol) of you guessed it, Attack on Titan. I did know it was about big beings called titans eating people. That was it. Now that weekend I was busy so I couldn't but I could at least learn the definition right?

so here's what I got: a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

Hmm... film (hopefully I will see one)? I heard of it but I don't think manga interests me. It never bothered me but it still makes me wondering how good those are. Anyway I thought of anime in general for a couple of days and realized I have watched them before!!! How Could I Forget!!! So I was the biggest Pokémon and yu-gi-oh nerd (with no one to play with or talk about) and I really got into the anime. Then I met him, the user who gave that final shove that I needed.

I told this to the user I mentioned earlier, Family Team. We started a conversation and eventually decided to move to Skype (user is nickaroo72) He gave me the motivation to watch anime and even recommended me Watamote. I didn't know where to watch but he directed me to crunchyroll.com I loved it and finished it top to bottom. I got into it but with only 12 episodes, it was short lived. He even showed me his list on myanimelist.com, which was cool and plan on making one myself. We still talk and I enjoy every second which brings me a small problem that will tease me for as long as I watch... I have no one to talk to about Watamote.

This actually goes, of course, for all anime I watch. I am no anime expert, but I am pretty sure one of the best things about anime is you sharing your reactions, love or hate for the characters, and that feeling you are in a world where people are like you, appreciating every comment and listening in. Now and forever I will have no one to share with. NOOO!!!!! Yes I know this is only a minor issue and this might not even be true. I actually have an anime club at my school but I don't think they will accept late comers. This will just be something that will nag me and while I may be over exaggerating that's what I think at least.

Now I go to school and tell my friend I tried anime and I loved it and he said cool. The next day I went to school and soon my other friends started recommended me some. Oh well ok, I did tell them I will get to it. So now I am constantly getting recommendations it is insane. A few examples I got were One piece, Watamote, AOT, Deathnote, Naurato, and RWBY.

I will slowly get into those and that is the end of my story. Thank you again for all those views, comments and advice (that I promise to remember and use for my future experiences). I just know you guys will not disappoint. As for private comments, thoughts, concerns I gave you my Skype as you saw earlier and here is my email: nickdepaul3536@gmail.com

I will tell you now I will eventually post another thing I believe every single SmashBoards member rightfully deserves... and thank you. I will write the best and most detailed thank you just for you guys for supporting me and it is the least I could do (unless if there is something better).

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Dude... You don't have to be overly polite all the time. This is Smashboards we're taking about.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I got into anime when I was little when I was 7 in the 2003 trying to draw my favorite shows characters.Watching Yu yu hakusho,Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, when toonami was at it golden age these are just 1990's anime shows
Go watch bleach. Nick DePaul Nick DePaul

Last edited:

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
I got into anime when I was little when I was 7 in the 2003 trying to draw my favorite shows characters.Watching Yu yu hakusho,Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, when toonami was at it golden age these are just 1990's anime shows
Go watch bleach. Nick DePaul Nick DePaul
k thanks for the recommendation, will try it and that's cool thanks for sharing ;)

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Anime is whatever to me, but I've seen a few episodes of Wolf's Rain, it's pretty good.

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
Anime is whatever to me, but I've seen a few episodes of Wolf's Rain, it's pretty good.
Ill try that I read the summary and It sounds interesting

Anyway to everyone I have made a animelist account thanks to FamilyTeam FamilyTeam so if anyone s to be friends and will love to see anime you watched and all that

Top Bottom