• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 4 returning character predictions and how they become available

magnumXIII

Smash Cadet
First of all why do so many people think ness wont be back, its so obvious that he would be coming back. One reason I think is that they wont take anyone out who has been in since smash 64 and he will most likely have to be unlocked just like in melee and smash64. Captain falcon is back ofcourse and he will probably have to be unlocked just like the last 2 games, luigi and jiggly are gonna be back and have to be unlocked aswell. My last idea is that they will keep up with that funny tradition of jigglypuff being the first to be unlocked. Those are just my ideas

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He wanted to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee...

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Ness and Falcon were starters in Melee.

He said it on Melee's official site. Earthbound 64 was planned back then, and even then Lucas was the star. The game went into development hell and was eventually canceled, so Ness stayed.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
First of all why do so many people think ness wont be back, its so obvious that he would be coming back. One reason I think is that they wont take anyone out who has been in since smash 64 and he will most likely have to be unlocked just like in melee and smash64. Captain falcon is back ofcourse and he will probably have to be unlocked just like the last 2 games, luigi and jiggly are gonna be back and have to be unlocked aswell. My last idea is that they will keep up with that funny tradition of jigglypuff being the first to be unlocked. Those are just my ideas
Ness isn't coming back. Accept it. What move list would he have? The exact same as Lucas', and Sakurai doesn't want anymore replica characters, therefore it's one or the other, and since Lucas is confirmed, good bye Ness (he sucked anyway). Second, we may see Captain Falcon back in the game, he had an original move list, and it would be awesome if he stayed, I mean, FALCON PUNCH. Thirds, Luigi may be back, I mean even though he's very similar to Mario, they could easily make him an original move list that might only include the green fireball similarity, and possibly the recovery special (up+B). Finally, Jigglypuff probably won't be returned, she sucked, they tried to help her in melee, that failed, she loses. If they do then so be it, but it'll be a waste of a character spot, especially if they keep her same move list (GARBAGE).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai said he wanted to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee. Check the official Super Smash Bros. Melee site, and traslate it. And "up until now" is pretty convincing! :laugh:

^ LOL AT POST ABOVE! Jiggs is easily on the upper side of tiers in smash 64 and Melee, and is a team GOD! XD

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
I do not see how Ness can come back. If you check out Lucas's moves on the Dojo, you will see that most of them were Ness's old moves. Plus Lucas has a bat type weapon just like Ness. And yes, Sakurai did want to put Lucas in Melee over Ness.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
while i only really care for cpt.falcon:
ness has almost no chance of coming back, see earlier posts, he's been replaced.
luigi has to come back, chances are he will be completely decloned, he is an icon.
jiggs, while i would rather she didn't come back, it's a unique move set, so chances are she will, she was only chosen for the anime, and because she was in 64, there is no reason for her to be included other then that she already has been, i wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return, but chances are she will.
cpt.falcon, anyone who has any doubt that he will return is just crazy, not even going to argue for him.

:034:

Smash Hero
Ness was going to be replaced by Lucas. The game wasn't out yet, but was at the time in 'production' a long time for the Nintendo 64. Even though the game wasn't out, the character Lucas was already known. Besides, Roy's game wasn't out when Melee came out so...

That and Lucas and Ness are just too similiar, except that Lucas basically has Ness' flaws removed. People say Ness can get his own moves, but what? PSI Fire, Thunder and Magnet were already taken from other people in Earthbound. The only other thing he has is PSI Rockin' and support moves.

For other veterans, I'm pretty sure Game and Watch, Luigi, Captain Falcon and Mewtwo will definitely return. Pretty sure about Jiggs as well, but there's still that small bit of doubt...

vastler

Smash Apprentice
i only have this to say:
Ness: very slim chance (more of no chace of returning)
Cpt Falcon: very high chance of returning
Luigi: his one of nintendo's Icon very very high chace of returning
Jiggly: might return (i agread her move-set sucks)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ness: gone, look at posts above.
jiggs: I hope gone, especialy since she/he shares a bunch of moves with kirby.
C.Falcon: returning, he is practicaly smash itself, and he has no reason not to return.
luigi: he is freaking luigi, nuff said.
ganon: decloned
mew2: altered/strengthened moveset/overall stats

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Lol Ness aint coming back dude let him go hes gone....sayonara.
Anyways i hope Jiggly doesnt come back useless waste of space.

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
Eh, why is everyone slating Jigglypuff? She/he has a unique moveset and is no way like Kirby in moves! The only move they share is the jump. Also, I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo, Game and Watch and Marth will return. Three veterans I didn't mention are obviously going to be in the game so they don't need mentioning ;). However, Falco and Ness I'm not sure about.

raul

Smash Lord
I believe Captain Falcon, Jiggly Puff, Game and Watch, Luigi and Marth will all return.

Ness is not coming back for reasons already stated. He would simply have no move set.

The newcomers are the issue. While I hope Ridley will be there as well as others, I dont think they will be revealed on Dojo until some time after the Japanese fans begin to post spoiler threads and websites. Remember, we still have time before the Japanese unlock stuff in the game. Just because the game comes out 1/31/08 does not necessarily mean will have the entire roster that day.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
When did he say this and also the game lucas is in came out after melee was released by like a few years.
Dude, I hate to say this especially as a ness fan but-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ssbm

''On the game's official Japanese website, the developers explain reasons for making particular characters playable and explain why some characters were not available as playable characters upon release. Initially, the development team wanted to REPLACE Ness with Lucas, the main character of Mother 3 for the Game Boy Advance, but they retained Ness in light of delays. The game's creators have instead placed Lucas into the game's sequel, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.''

This is an article from wikipedia of Super Smash Bros. Melee, sorry to disappoint you but Ness will not return

Top Bottom