• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 2nd Tournament experiences..........

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
So i went to my 2nd tournament in Westminster, and i think i did pretty well. Manacloud and Ken were there and of course Ken won the Touney. There were about 30 or more people there.

I just thought i should give out my thoughts about the match ups:
First off, i found Sheik, Fox, and even Marth to be pretty easy match ups. I mean for Sheik CC destroys much of her attacks and if she grabs i just DI right then neutral her.
For Marth, tons of misslies and f-tilt killed him, thought he is a great edge guarder and i hate the frkin counter...
For Fox, i found edguarding him VERY easy and he is so light, so misslies and power beam are great, though i hate his up-smash and up-air...

Good stages for me were: Dl64, Fd, jungle japes, corneria, Bf, PS
Bad stages for me were: Yoshis story(alot of Marths took me here)Fod so small

I thought Falco was probably my hardest matchup, though it could be just cause i fought Manacloud lol, hey i did take off 2 of his stock(Not bad eh?????)
But really Falco seemed to edgeguard me easy and those lasers and combos were very hard to fight.
Link: wow i fought a great Link player(RAQU, has some combo videos on Youtube) I i found Link to be a hard matchup for Samus..Imo

Sorry for rambling, but i felt compelled to write all this...

Redragon

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
Against Falcos you can ^B into the lasers if you know you'll hit them for free distance. If you can, do that, then stay under the stage till you can get back. Sweet spot with a grapple or a distant ^B is probably the best way to not get spiked, unless they mess up.

Whenever they are SHL spamming, shield, then jump out of it to get close to them... hope you don't get that match on FD. If your counterpick, its usually go Kirby 64, because of there crappy recovery, majora told me yoshi story is good too, because you can combo them to death pretty easily. FoD is good to because it has kinda far walls and the platforms can mess up falco's SHL. But you should know all this since you did start the stage selection guide for samus.

For just fighting, try to stay close. You have more range, so just keep spacing. They have the speed advantage, so don't try anything too laggy.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Where did you place?

Man, we gotta think of some advantageous stuff on Yoshi's Story for Samus, and useful things to do against a Marth...

Well, to me, Falco and Link are easy to combo. Of course, I never have to face Manacloud.
:urg:

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
For some reason my best character against Marth is Samus. The only real problem I have is recovering against his ledgehopped dair. Haven't figured a good way to do that yet.

I don't like Doc's as Samus. Or Shieks.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Where did you place?

Man, we gotta think of some advantageous stuff on Yoshi's Story for Samus, and useful things to do against a Marth...

Well, to me, Falco and Link are easy to combo. Of course, I never have to face Manacloud.
:urg:
7th place out of 25, and i think thats great considering Ken and Manacloud were there....

Redragon

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
7th place out of 25, and i think thats great considering Ken and Manacloud were there....

Redragon
??!1!/?1 zomg considering Ken and Manacloud were there that is pwnage omg ?1/!?1?! omfg !??/?1/ h01y $h!t !/!?1/!? $@MU$ 0WN$ :demon:

Good Job. :) :cool: :bigthumbu

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
??!1!/?1 zomg considering Ken and Manacloud were there that is pwnage omg ?1/!?1?! omfg !??/?1/ h01y $h!t !/!?1/!? $@MU$ 0WN$ :demon:

Good Job. :) :cool: :bigthumbu
I am not sure what you meant by this post, but i still think i played well.

Watty

Smash Lord
i went to pound 2 and countered Kaiser on YS and he went marth and i won. there was a MW marth there named juke weird marth good style who was there who i also beat there i think.... its not as hard as people think to me its mental because they are like OMG its YS against marth juss stay off the platforms when there above u and choose ur spots when u attack, such an easy stage to ledge guard people. YS FTW

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
^ Watty hit the nail on the head. A lot of people just complain "crap short sides I'm gonna die easy" when they don't realize their opponent will die easily as well. Of course, as Watty also said, stay off the "I'm Marth I get an auto tip" platforms against Marths.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
and short sides plus the Fsmash of samus is very probably to kill easily than in other stages, ive won in yoshi story against marths too and space animals,
yoshi story has helped in my tourny records ^.^...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I am not sure what you meant by this post, but i still think i played well.
Well, I couldn't of been clearer.

"zomg" is an expression of astonishment and amazement.

"considering Ken and Manacloud were there that is pwnage" means you got a reasonable position in the tournament, despite the fact Ken and Manacloud were competing as well.

"omg" is an expression of astonishment and amazement.

"omfg" is a greater expression of astonishment and amazement.

"h01y $h!t" is an even greater expression of astonishment and amazement, and is used in place of holy sh*t.

"$@MU$ 0WN$ :demon:" is self-explanitory, and ":demon:" is used to immensly strengthen the statement's point.

"Good Job. :) :cool: :bigthumbu" means I am very impressed by your actions and position in the tournament, and thus, I am congragulating you.

And yes, you did play well.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Well, I couldn't of been clearer.

"zomg" is an expression of astonishment and amazement.

"considering Ken and Manacloud were there that is pwnage" means you got a reasonable position in the tournament, despite the fact Ken and Manacloud were competing as well.

"omg" is an expression of astonishment and amazement.

"omfg" is a greater expression of astonishment and amazement.

"h01y $h!t" is an even greater expression of astonishment and amazement, and is used in place of holy sh*t.

"$@MU$ 0WN$ :demon:" is self-explanitory, and ":demon:" is used to immensly strengthen the statement's point.

"Good Job. :) :cool: :bigthumbu" means I am very impressed by your actions and position in the tournament, and thus, I am congragulating you.

And yes, you did play well.
lol thanks man! My Samus is becoming a beast in battle(In a girly way(Kinda))

Redragon

Kick

Smash Apprentice
shiek? EASY!?!?!

quick question: whats the proper DI for the shiek down throw, ive been going behind her, to avoid the fair, but i eat a u air instead. I was wondering if i DI away, and try and ff ASAP and nair. would that work? someone tell me.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
shiek? EASY!?!?!

quick question: whats the proper DI for the shiek down throw, ive been going behind her, to avoid the fair, but i eat a u air instead. I was wondering if i DI away, and try and ff ASAP and nair. would that work? someone tell me.
DI to the right.
If you do it right you can jump out of the tumble before she gets to you, or sometimes you can even do a sex kick in her face.

Redragon

Watty

Smash Lord
the sheiks u play are doing something wrong than the down throw is a free hit till way high percents. at low percents DI away take the hit and sex kick back, than at like 130 and up DI away cause than u might be able to get outta it but even than if there fast enough and read ur jump u still get hit.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
the sheiks u play are doing something wrong than the down throw is a free hit till way high percents. at low percents DI away take the hit and sex kick back, than at like 130 and up DI away cause than u might be able to get outta it but even than if there fast enough and read ur jump u still get hit.
I know i mixed up my words. Now to get this straight:
1) At low percentages: DI right then trade hits with a sex kick.
2) At high percentages: DI right then jump out of grab.

Redragon

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
DI to the right.
If you do it right you can jump out of the tumble before she gets to you, or sometimes you can even do a sex kick in her face.

Redragon
lies! reddragon is telling lies, the best option to DI is to the back, so it will be hard for them to hit you with the slap, but some will hit you anyways, so yeah once you are grabbed, DI to the center of the stage, and DI correctly before you are hit to touch or the floor or go up

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I think you just played a really easy sheik. You wouldn't get away with CCing so much vs a player like...DSF or something.

And like watty said, YS can be managable vs marth. Just don't go picking it as a counter or anything.
I personally feel that FD is harder to fight a marth on than YS or FoD.

But good job on your 2nd tournament. I was gonna go but I had work that day.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
lies! reddragon is telling lies, the best option to DI is to the back, so it will be hard for them to hit you with the slap, but some will hit you anyways, so yeah once you are grabbed, DI to the center of the stage, and DI correctly before you are hit to touch or the floor or go up
I would rather take a slap then a u-air cause Samus dies easier off the top.

I think you just played a really easy sheik. You wouldn't get away with CCing so much vs a player like...DSF or something.

And like watty said, YS can be managable vs marth. Just don't go picking it as a counter or anything.
I personally feel that FD is harder to fight a marth on than YS or FoD.

But good job on your 2nd tournament. I was gonna go but I had work that day.
Some of the Sheiks were pretty lame, but i played Manaclouds Sheik and took 2 stock and like 80% of his. So my experiences is of the pros too...

Kick

Smash Apprentice
wait... so what is the proper DI. away and trade hits? or behind and avoid the fair? you guys are confusing me.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
wait... so what is the proper DI. away and trade hits? or behind and avoid the fair? you guys are confusing me.
Ok if you DI left they could miss you but you might get a u-air which is bad for Samus.
If you DI right you can sometimes jump out of it or trade hits with a f-air, which is NOT bad for Samus.

So overall DIing to the right IMO is better...

Redragon

Watty

Smash Lord
Ok if you DI left they could miss you but you might get a u-air which is bad for Samus.
If you DI right you can sometimes jump out of it or trade hits with a f-air, which is NOT bad for Samus.

So overall DIing to the right IMO is better...

Redragon
u can DI to the left at low percents and it wont be bad cause it wont kill u but depending on the stage the higher you get you want to DI left.

and like what hugs said you cant CC sheik really. When I CC against Drephen at pretty much lets say I get slapped CC it to Downsmash him all he does is jump and slap me again.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
lol redragon, left and right are such subjective terms, but i think i got what you mean. I suppose i will mess around with more shieks. Hey, maybe i will find something better.

Top Bottom