• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 1.6 Match Up Spread (please leave you input)

ThePurpleMudkip

Smash Rookie
My Smash 4 Yoshi Spread
Tiers Explained
Ditto Match: This one is easy the better Yoshi player should win ever time
70-30: This match-ups are so hard for the non Yoshi that the other player should just counter pick
60-40: These are match ups Yoshi should easily win unless the other player is extremely better than the Yoshi
55-45: These matches up the Yoshi player should defeat an opponent of similar or slightly greater skill
50-50: These are toss ups where the better player should aways win
45-55
: These matches up the Yoshi player should defeat an opponent slightly lesser skill (May want to pull a pocket character out)
40-60: These matches up are very hard and I recommend a pocket (pocket Luigi or Mario works great for these match ups)

The List
Ditto:4yoshi:
70-30:4jigglypuff::4zelda::4littlemac::4ganondorf::4bowser::4bowserjr::4dedede:
60-40:4ness::4lucas::4rob::4myfriends::4falcon::4samus::4charizard::4gaw::4palutena::4dk::4pacman::4link::4duckhunt::4shulk::4wiifit::4wario:
55-45:4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4mewtwo::4tlink::4pit::4darkpit::4corrinf::4robinf:
50-50:4diddy::4fox::4falco::4greninja::4kirby::4marth::4lucina::4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4feroy::4ryu::4sonic::4villager::4zss:
45-55:4bayonetta::4lucario::rosalina:
40-60:4cloud2::4sheik:

(Downloadable list image)

Do you agree? Disagree? Ask me any questions below the goal of this form is to try and get a dialog going about Yoshi's match-ups.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
- Why does Yoshi beat Mewtwo, Ness and Ike?
- Why is Yoshi even with Fox, Falco and Villager?
- Why does Yoshi lose to Lucario?
If that's too many, I wouldn't mind if you just answered the first one.

ThePurpleMudkip

Smash Rookie
:4myfriends::4ness:
Yoshi beats Ike and Ness because they get gimped and die really early and don't threaten the mobile Yoshi too much.

:4mewtwo:
Mewtwo is probably closer to a 52-48 but I put it where I did because I believe he does have a nice advantage. Yoshi can combo the heck out of the floaty Mewtwo and can kill quite early with U-Smash, U-Air, or a spike on a F-Air read.

:4lucario:
Lucario is so scary with rage and has a nice ability to keep yoshi out which can be really bad because if you keep Yoshi out its hard for him. Lucario also has amazing air moves and recovery which makes life even harder for Yoshi.

Last edited:

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I would subtract 15 points from Yoshi on each of the tiers and it would look more reasonable. Yoshi doesn't have very many positive MUs, let alone 90% of the cast being at least even. Yoshi thrives on close-to-even MUs, but when character mastery reaches a certain level, Yoshi doesn't have very many even MUs.

Top Bottom