• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mutazila Wakens His Blade!!! ...Nobody!? ...ok...

Mutazila

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mutazila
3DS FC
3196-3326-0935
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

as somebody who is really big into competetive gaming (i have been playing League of Legends hardcore for 3 years - Platinum 1 this season) i recently became really intrigued by fighting style games and smash in particular. since i already own a 3ds and don't have the time to commit 2 hours for a single LoL-game, i thought i might give sm4sh for 3ds a try.

I am absolutely new when it comes to fighting games (my gaming background consists of moslty sc2/lol). I started reading guides, watching pro gamer VODs and twitch for creative input, but i would really enjoy playing over skype with somebody more knowledgable.

So, if there's anybody out there looking for a sparring partner at newcomer level or simply playing for fun, I am your guy :) Leave a PM if you are interested!

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Wow SC2 is that what I think it is? (I may be wrong about it) Soul Calibur 2? This one of my favorite games overall. I have them all from the series except SC Legends (I think it sucked...) I got SE as ported for PSP, SC, SC4 & SC5 for 360, SC2 for GC, SC3 for PS2 (Duh it's exclusive) and SC: Broken Destiny for PSP. I love the Calibur series. My Main is Cassandra in all games. in SE & SC it's Sophitia and in 5 (due to Bamco killing half the roster) My main is Phyrra. (You could say I'm a Sword & Shield user or an Alexandra family member lol. I got a bad network and probably won't be able to play you. There's also the timezone problem. Would you like to try losing a bit of time adding me? I've lost all hope in adding since I can connect and be connected to 05.00% of the time in with friends yet in for glory I can connect with many (after the initial 7 to 8 connection errors before entering the lobby) Yet I don't lag. I really have tortures when online yet I can play well. *sigh* It's a curse. But Welcome to Smashboards. Sorry for the long greeting.

Mutazila

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mutazila
3DS FC
3196-3326-0935
Hi!

Umm, i actually meant starcraft 2. i really don't have any experience when it comes to fighting games (including soul calibur). sm4sh is the first one i'm trying to get into :). But thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hi!

Umm, i actually meant starcraft 2. i really don't have any experience when it comes to fighting games (including soul calibur). sm4sh is the first one i'm trying to get into :). But thanks for sharing!
Oh *hypes down about Calibur* That's ok I did like Shulk, I foresaw the future and knew I was wrong beforehand haha. Well idk anything about LOL or SC2 so you got me there if you ask about those to me. Well welcome. You have a long road. Your new to fighting and new to Smash. But they go hand in hand so it's two birds in a shot. just play lots of the game and get used to it. Once you start destroying cpus easily it's time to upgrade to human players and test your skills. Of course you should go the the topics of Lucina to learn tricks and strategies for her. Marth's Topic also work since she's a moveset clone of him. Just the outcome of the move might change since Marth is a Key hitter while Lucina is even on her blade. That should be the only difference for you. Now if we talk about professional level. some attacks might have split second of speed between them and Lucina is a tiny bit shorter making her hitboxes smaller and more wiffing to hit her but that means her range suffers from that tiny bit too. Nevertheless Marth strategies should 98% work with Lucy. Good luck!

Mutazila

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mutazila
3DS FC
3196-3326-0935
Yeah I really like Lucina! I've already played Fire Emblem Awakening, so that character was familiar to me - and so far, i'm liking her playstyle in sm4sh as well. really fast and agile, although i find it difficult to approach against characters like link that can just chain boomerangs. the guides and tips i've read so far on the forum have helped a lot though!

StarForce

Smash Ace
I have troubles with her too when going against projectile characters. Just be sure to fake a bit when approaching. You can down evade and grab or punish fast and not very safe for launches but you can jump over the tornado just remember it comes back like the boomerang too. Or just stay safe the player will have to come and kill you in order to win. It make sit a sudden death which is more dangerous but in this case well it's a win/loss then either that's what the opponent wanted or you can get rid of him/her in a good single hit. or try lucky evades when the bombs rain down. You can also use her counter for the easy win. You can also counter projectile moves I've done it. does nothing but stalls and evades damage. Not good close range since it's the same as missing a counter. Thou or rare occasions the opponent might use a projectile as the opening to a combo and dash for you and if you counter the projectile the blade will hit the opponent for a disconnected successful counter. But idk if this might work for real better not try it if you don't think it's good since i'm no Marth/Lucina pro player so i cannot tutor you or tell you what works and doesn't.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lol at title.

Remember to join in discussion in the Lucina sub forum if you wish.

Mutazila

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mutazila
3DS FC
3196-3326-0935
I sure will! Thanks for the suggestion!

Nice Lucina Content! I will make sure to check out the VODs on your youtube channel :) !

Top Bottom