• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music You Listen to While Playing Smash?

MastaBlasta110

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. So I have a question for you all, what music/playlists do you listen to while playing Smash? Here's my favorite that suits almost any character with a variety of songs that have a smooth transaction from genre to genre:

-Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers, Daya
-How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris, Disciples
-No Mediocre by T.I., Iggy Azalea
-Blow a Bag by Future
-White America by Eminem
-Without Me by Eminem
-Just Lose It by Eminem
-Trap Queen by Fetty Wap
-High Road by Fort Minor, John Legend
-Monster by Imagine Dragons
-Warriors by Imagine Dragons
-Cheap Thrills by Sia
-Light It Up by Major Lazer, Nyla, Fuse Odg
-Me, Myself, & I by G-Eazy, Bebe Rexha
-Cake By The Ocean by DNCE

So that's it! Tell me your playlist in the comments! Enjoy the tunes!

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Punk music usually.

Mainly because if I get pissed at the game, I'll have music that reflects my anger lol.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
A c##p ton of Shin Megami Tensei soundtracks.

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
Depends on my mood. I pretty much just listen to music I like, not really particular songs I have for smash.

Recently I like listening to some good ol' Johnny Cash while playing, with some Kendrick, Grimes, and Death Grips in there every once in a while.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
Eh, I listen to whatever I have in my phone. Most of the time I listen to the in game music.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I sometimes listen to Tony Orr - Up The Fu... I'm sure you know where i'm going with this. The song actually got stuck in my head lol.

I mostly listen to the game music or various video game OSTs

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Usually any song from Anamanaguchi's Endless Fantasy album, although there's occasionally some Daft Punk and Vampire Weekend sprinkled in there.

Routa

Smash Lord
Game music is always a good choice due to tempo being the same nearly the whole song.

I also tend to listen some instrumental and song in general that have little to no lyrics like Kraftwerk - Tour de France Étape 1

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
I may sometimes listen to my playlist "My MP3 Player" on YouTube which has a lot of brony music.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
This playlist.
It's good to listen to other things because it can affect your body and help you dive in more sometimes. like listening to trap helps me be more aggro and push more with peach.

sc_nixon

Smash Rookie
Chopped N Screwed instrumentals, Three6M, Dmx if feeing weird, jazz intrumentals

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I typically listen to the in-game music, but if outside noise is an issue then I'll listen to anything in the Electronic genre, but I prefer the normal and/or Liquid Drum 'n Bass sub-genre. Although, I'll listen to slower music if I'm playing a slower character like Robin or Rosalina versus Lucina or Fox.

Stu R

Smash Cadet
The game music is pretty good, smash has some of my favorite songs actually. But a lot of times when I play Super Smash Flash 2 on my computer I put on Megalovania because it's a really intense song and it seams to suit the game well.

The Green Wave

Smash Rookie
Either the in game music or I'm playing on the game pad with it muted if there's people in the room with me. Though I mainly pick the Mario Galaxy stage and Green Hill Zone stage specifically to listen to tracks such as Live and Learn and that M&L 3 final boss music. I find that the "hard hitting" stuff improves my playing

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
Either the in game music or I'm playing on the game pad with it muted if there's people in the room with me. Though I mainly pick the Mario Galaxy stage and Green Hill Zone stage specifically to listen to tracks such as Live and Learn and that M&L 3 final boss music. I find that the "hard hitting" stuff improves my playing
But you play top tier

Top Bottom