• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music too quiet in battle.

Doq

Smash Lord
So I got a new SD card recently (YAY NO MORE DOLPHIN!) and the 2.6. In Brawl's sound settings I have BGMs slightly louder than the battle sounds. So when I play Project M, the BGM is way too quiet. So I thought, maybe it's just my custom BF music, so I tried Dream Land and it's too quiet as well. How can I fix this?
edit: on the same note, the BGM gets louder when I pause and quiet again when I resume?

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I noticed you said Battlefield and Dream Land. Are the songs that are too quiet over the default Melee pieces? If so, that is because Melee pieces are set to a lower volume than most of the Brawl ones. If that is the problem, keep your eye on the Brstm thread for a custom song volume code that is compatible with 2.6. I don't think anyone has made one yet though, but Mithost might make one soon. It makes all of the pieces play at the same volume.

Doq

Smash Lord
I noticed you said Battlefield and Dream Land. Are the songs that are too quiet over the default Melee pieces? If so, that is because Melee pieces are set to a lower volume than most of the Brawl ones. If that is the problem, keep your eye on the Brstm thread for a custom song volume code that is compatible with 2.6. I don't think anyone has made one yet though, but Mithost might make one soon. It makes all of the pieces play at the same volume.
It's not just BF and Dream Land, it's ALL OF THEM. It seems soo quiet compared to the game sounds. (this doesn't happen in menu, just in the battle)
yeah this slider bar should work at least until you find louder brstms.
I tried. There's like no way around it other than muting the SFX completely.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Brawl has independant volume values for every BRSTM in the game. There is a code somewhere that will regulate all of the stage BRSTMs to the same volume, so they all play as intended with custom music.

You can find such code in my BRSTM thread in the customized content section.

mcmmaster

Smash Rookie
DoctorKirby did you find a fix for this sound issue in the end, my dolphin has started acting up now and I'm getting the exact same issue. Please tell me you found a fix because i've been trying all sorts of fixes for the past 5 hours and I can't fix it at all.

EDIT: It's not just my dolphin anymore, I transferred my custom music files to my sd card that I had been using to play Project M on my wii and now all of a sudden the music low volume glitch is happening on their. To makes things even more confusing, I wiped my SD card and installed a new Project M on there without any custom music files. Popped that into my wii and the low music glitch is still there, it's as if it plagued my Wii. Please I really need help with this issue

Top Bottom