• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Issue

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Ok, so I have my custom copy of Melee, including some textures, stage skins, pause screen, char select screen and the 20XX Pack. I was next going to delve into making custom stage songs. But, before I began, I noticed something odd.

The music that plays on a stage isn't necessarily the song that SHOULD be playing. For example, if I go to BF, it will play the song for Mushroom Kingdom or PokeFloats or something. It's seemingly random. If I leave and go back to Battlefield, it'll be a different song. Maybe Dreamland or Rainbow Cruise or Mute City. It's like this on all tournament-legal stages, all of which have been modified.

I don't know how to find out if it's an issue with the .dat or .usd files or what.

Anyone have any insight? I'm currently trying out different ISOs at different stages of the modding process to try and pinpoint where or when the change occurs, but this is a somewhat lengthy process...

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
this is because of a .dol mod included in the 20xx hack pack. The mod makes it so whenever you load a match(?) the stage music played is random. You can toggle this feature in the debug menu->results test.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
this is because of a .dol mod included in the 20xx hack pack. The mod makes it so whenever you load a match(?) the stage music played is random. You can toggle this feature in the debug menu->results test.
Oh, wow, thanks!

Was this documented? Am I just dumb for not knowing?

Oh, and from what I can tell, this only occurs when a CPU is playing. Entering Single Player Versus mode (D-Pad Up) or Versus with 2P does not cause this to happen.

Last edited:

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
It only happens in multiplayer matchen when at least 2 players (cpu or human doesn´t matter) are present, and only on the first load, when activating a salty rematch the music will always be the stages original.

Top Bottom