• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music helps you play better????

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Some music gives you adrenaline.
Some adrenaline helps you play better.
That's the case for me exactly.

True that its very different for people, but I play better with music in my headset, its like I can just turn my brain off and work. It just has to be a song i'm in the mood for, because otherwise if I want to hear some rock and I end up getting a different genre (something too slow or too fast) or something, it sounds like I have a chalkboard right next to my ear that's getting raked by nails and I can't focus because i'm so annoyed >_<

As for sounds and cues, that's what my rumble feature is for. Besides, I rarely ever look at my character, isn't that what you're suppose to do anyway?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Music has an amazing effect on my gameplay. It helps me concentrate and eliminates all the pressure. Who cares if you can't hear brawl sounds. use your eyes... the only thing that might be bad is if a snake c4's you.

It really helps me zone out... and stops me from worrying about losing or winning.. just playing.

I did good at my last tournament without music, so i'm curious to see how i do with music in future tournaments (i'll bring my ipod from now on)

It also helps me in my homework, etc.

Smash Apprentice
Music, in general, is sweet. I like music I can zone out to, not necessarily speed metal, but ambience-ish stuff. It helps me concentrate a bit better, no matter what im doing.

However, hearing falco's illusion is also sweet.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i like the in-game music too much to be listening to my ipod

of course, i'd probably listen to music if i had to mute my game

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
Music, in general, is sweet. I like music I can zone out to, not necessarily speed metal, but ambience-ish stuff. It helps me concentrate a bit better, no matter what im doing.

However, hearing falco's illusion is also sweet.
mm...well, when i first found out about it...it was techno...
i still remember it...
i was facing my cousin on yoshi's island(Brawl) and he was wolf...
i was sure for ownage.
but i wasnt
I beat him...next neutral pick...same thing, same band...
beat him again.
i was like O_O

Top Bottom