• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Hack Trick

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I noticed that if your using the music hack on brawl then take out the sd card it creates a remix. Its weird at first, then totally awesome!!!

UberMario

Smash Master
Some of us don't hack and/or it could be song specific, could you at least record the sound with a microphone of some sort?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
its not really a remix - cant give much of an explanation for it either

All you do is (only works with gecko, i think itll crash on RiiVolution)

load gecko with music hacks (try it with menu music or something)

Let the song you added play, then take out the sd card. The game will start playing a sped up/higher pitched version of the original ingame song

Kiru

Smash Cadet
its not really a remix - cant give much of an explanation for it either

All you do is (only works with gecko, i think itll crash on RiiVolution)

load gecko with music hacks (try it with menu music or something)

Let the song you added play, then take out the sd card. The game will start playing a sped up/higher pitched version of the original ingame song
Thanks for the detail.

I would rather not remove an SD when a file is being used from it, but whatever.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
it doesnt do anything really

However if you put the SD card back in itll change back to how you had it with the sd card in or an sd card with different files, itll load the files (If the first sd card has File replacement as example) on the second sd card

Example
1st sd card has File Replacement with music only+Colored shields, and menu music is Bad Apple

Take out sd card and insert 2nd

2nd sd card has Texture hacks+Cirnos Perfect Math class as Menu+ Infinite replay code

The texture hacks and songs will load, but the Infinite replay code wont activate because the game is still running of the 1st sd card codes.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The reason the music plays faster than usual is because most custom songs play at 44100 samples per second (this was standardized when CDs came out, and nearly everything uses this sample rate) while the songs on the Brawl disc that it starts playing when you take out the card are designed to be played at 32000 samples per second. It's just like playing a 33 rpm record at 45 rpm.

Top Bottom