• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music from an SD Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering if anyone has really thought about this being implimented into Brawl.

No game has really capitalized on the ability to add music to a game through an SD card.

I think it would be a cool feature. But I also feel it would have been announce by now.

Thoughts?

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
It would be impossible online with the extra data-load and the capability for it being obscene, or a recording of some one talking hence breaking the no-names barrier. Off-line...relatively possible with the way the data files work and how customizable the music is currently. Wouldn't take that long to figure out programming wise, but it'd be awkward to select songs after you select a stage.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't this in Excite Truck?
Yes, I think it's been the only Wii game to support custom soundtracks from an SD card... or at least the only remotely interesting game.

I strongly doubt Brawl will support this feature though, since Sakurai is already promising a huge platter of game music so it might seem like a waste if everyone just listens to custom songs, plus there might be some complications if you're able to make custom stages have this music too... this is pretty much what's said every time this thread comes up anyway.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I highly highly highly doubt Brawl will have this.

However online does not mean anything. It could easily play the song from your Wii, and heck, your opponent could have a totally different song playing depending on their song choices.

The only reason I would like this to be in is to allow songs from games to be implimented, for example, I really want the Rundas fight theme from Metroid Prime 3. Dark Samus's is good too, but Rundas's is so awesome...

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i think it might just in case your favorite song isn't included and if it is it won't work online

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
30+ composers, several available (good) tracks per stage...why would we want this? I think it's pointless. No, I don't think they'll do it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I thought about this a while back.... then realized that it wasn't very important to the game.

Actually, Excite Truck is the only game I can think of that did that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom