• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Credits effect on Newcomers.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
There's not a good argument. Sega wasn't credited until Sonic came.

Anyway, does anyone think this thinks that this is a hint to Snake's return since Nobuko only made the Metal Gear music in Brawl?
Although she could be composing other music.
Monolith Soft. also isn't credited on the box.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not saying you said this, but before everyone gets all riled up because the Xenoblade composer is on there, remember that Monolith Soft. isn't credited in the character credits at the bottom of the website.
That list is only updated when characters are added. We still have nothing from Itoi yet.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Just pointing out, in Melee Intelligent systems wasn't on the box, yet we had Marth and Roy.
That IS peculiar. It might have to do with that Marth and Roy weren't originally going to be in the American version? Hmm. I'm not sure about that one!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It is a list of popular works the composers have contributed to, nothing more. It may mean more to do a reverse look-up on said composers and see what Nintendo-related work they have done.

Elaith

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonic12040
It is a list of popular works the composers have contributed to, nothing more. It may mean more to do a reverse look-up on said composers and see what Nintendo-related work they have done.
I agree. For example, Yasunori Mitsuda is listed for Chrono Trigger, but he did do arranging work for Brawl, as well as Mario Party work.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
It means nothing. But I do admit I wish it did. Chrono Trigger...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I clearly didn't get my point across- I really was mostly referring to Snake/Shulk/a possible Rhythm Heaven Rep. I thought it's kinda common sense we aren't getting characters because these just are the composer's notable works. However when a composer is known for working on over six entries on a series with a possibly cut veteran (Snake,) it does raise some hope that veteran will return, correct?. This is why I also wanted to know if recycled music from the original game/earlier smash games get credited because that also means first party games like Xenoblade could have some music pulled from it for a stage.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I WISH that since there was a Ace Attorney composer that would mean we would get Phoenix in smash.

the most I could hope for is music.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
A composer has no effect on the characters that will be appearing in Smash. They do however have an effect on the music that appears in Smash. And by music I mean QUALITY of music.

Just because the FFXIII composer is in the game does not mean Lightning is confirmed. It means that the amazing composer from that game is making amazing or even better music for Smash Bros.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The highlights to me:

Motoi Sakuraba: GOLDEN SUN
Yuzo Koshiro: So many awesome soundtracks, especially STREETS OF RAGE, and SHINOBI series.
Yasunori Mitsuda: CHRONO TRIGGER

Surprised at:
Nobuko Toda METAL GEAR SOLID IV
Lack of Jun Senoue, Masato Nakamura, or any other SONIC THE HEDGEHOG composers.
Lack of any MEGAMAN composers
Yoko Shimomura: I don't really like KH anymore, but this woman has made some really awesome soundtracks.

Bummed at:
No Y.Hirai and T.Kumegawa: Looks like STARTROPICS is once again collecting dust in the deepest vaults of NOA.

Well, it seems this list is VERY incomplete. There is no Punch Out music composer listed, no Sonic, no Megaman, so yeah, this can't be the final list.
The Megaman composer has been quite busy lately with Shovel Knight, Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Mighty No. 9. If memory serves, many of the old composers didn't redo their songs for Brawl, which is why so many composers listed don't have anything to do with Nintendo projects. You can't expect all of them to return.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it means absolutely nothing for the roster - with the exception of the Metal Gear Solid composer and Xenoblade composer.

Brawl generally tried it's best to get the original composers of tracks to remix them for the game, and it seems like this game is no different. While I don't think this means anything for all of the composers (as in, having the composer from Final Fantasy XIII doesn't really mean I will see any Final Fantasy XIII tracks - FFXIII's soundtrack made great use of the violin and piano, so I'm sure any songs with them will have Masashi Hamauzu involved - that violin rendition of the Smash 4 theme that we've heard play at the end of Smash Run rounds, as well as when Sakurai walked on-stage during the Invitational, sounds like something Hamauzu would put together, and I love it), I think it MIGHT mean something for Snake since, well, he's a veteran. I think it would be weird to not have him in the game, knowing that the composer worked on songs for him in Brawl, but isn't doing so here. Either way, I'm really curious to hear what they'll have.

And it might bode well for a Xenoblade character, especially since multiple composers from that specific game are here. Now I know that various TEKKEN composers are there too, but I don't really look at that the same since they work under Bandai Namco, who are developing the game anyway. It's no surprise that TEKKEN and Soul Caliber composers would be working on this even though there probably won't be characters from those games.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Okay so someone on another thread answered my question that these probably reflect composers who reworked songs specifically for smash 4 and not just ports since some ports we have already heard have uncredited composers on the list. That makes sense. Anyways this thread can probably be locked since people. I think having a MGS and some Xenoblade composers fairs better then them not having any composers, but we won't know till the game is out. A Rhythm Heaven stage could always go the Hanenbow route/ have ported music/ several of the composers making a medley with the songs or something. Really the only characters that this helps are Veterans and Possible non-3rd party newcomer's/vetran's series and their amount of content/representation in the game.

That IS peculiar. It might have to do with that Marth and Roy weren't originally going to be in the American version? Hmm. I'm not sure about that one!
Probably because they were secret characters. Not to mention, that back cover could be a prototype.
It's because they don't appear on the box. In-game is when you see all the companies being credited.

Top Bottom