• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'll admit, I don't know a lot about Steven Universe, but from what I am aware of through cultural osmosis and the like - I think it'd be really fun to explore Spinel's more rubberhose-inspired elements when you consider that MultiVersus already has some of the most iconic cartoon characters in history (Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry, specifically) for her to play off in terms of her visual design.

That said a lot of characters from the series look pretty cool based on my admittedly limited research

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
As someone who know nothing of Steven Universe, I think Spinel makes sense because she's a character who transcend her own show because of how popular her song is. I'm not sure if she's really important or popular in the context of the show, but I'd say she's of one the few STeven Universe character I could recognize, even more than Garnet.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
was-bored-so-decided-to-do-a-prediction-for-the-relaunchs-v0-dpr3lgo9jd2d1.png

Not mine but how do we feel about this concept i saw on reddit. I could see something similar

there's actually roumors of an MK character in season 1 due to staff being at co!no breaker, but I don't see it

Faso115

Smash Lord
View attachment 389963
Not mine but how do we feel about this concept i saw on reddit. I could see something similar

there's actually roumors of an MK character in season 1 due to staff being at co!no breaker, but I don't see it
Cool but Mojo being a stage hazard severely drops him in priority for now. Plus, i don't think more than 3 are going to happen.

The fact they are teasing a SU characters make me think that themes are malleable. Maybe the "puns" part is not just the joker but also someone who is also a jokester in Steven Universe. Like amethyst i guess?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 389963

Conceptually I think these are incredibly strong lineups, but Mojo Jojo is incredibly out of place imo. If he shows up at all it won't be any time soon.

View attachment 389963

We already know how much hype Jason and Agent Smith got when they were revealed, and Scorpion would turn heads just as much. But given Mojo Jojo's situation, how about we pick a different PPG villain instead? Considering the odds, I'm thinking Fuzzy Lumpkins and Ace would be next on the totem pole.

PPG, Dexter, Raven, and Samurai Jack. As much as it's called Cartoon Heroes, you could just as easily call it Punch Time Explosion. Come to think of it, I like seeing animated characters in this roster.

If we get Scooby-Doo himself in this game, I will be a happy man. As for Beetlejuice, Wicked Witch, and Marceline, it's about time they got in.

As for Season 4, we've got Gandalf, Daenerys, Aquaman, and some sort of menacing dragon. I don't know where the dragon comes from, but it's likely from GOT or LOTR. Still, three out of four isn't a bad record.

All in all, if these were what the rest of the year provides, then I'd be happy with it.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
We already know how much hype Jason and Agent Smith got when they were revealed, and Scorpion would turn heads just as much. But given Mojo Jojo's situation, how about we pick a different PPG villain instead? Considering the odds, I'm thinking Fuzzy Lumpkins and Ace would be next on the totem pole.

PPG, Dexter, Raven, and Samurai Jack. As much as it's called Cartoon Heroes, you could just as easily call it Punch Time Explosion. Come to think of it, I like seeing animated characters in this roster.

If we get Scooby-Doo himself in this game, I will be a happy man. As for Beetlejuice, Wicked Witch, and Marceline, it's about time they got in.

As for Season 4, we've got Gandalf, Daenerys, Aquaman, and some sort of menacing dragon. I don't know where the dragon comes from, but it's likely from GOT or LOTR. Still, three out of four isn't a bad record.

All in all, if these were what the rest of the year provides, then I'd be happy with it.
That "dragon" is godzilla

Faso115

Smash Lord
that's true but this was pfg people specificly. I don't think we get another reveal before Smith comes out though
AJAX and Nakat right? Cause the other person i saw going was the WB games community manager and they aren't exclusively a PFG member

Btw, What's up with John Tobias in that PFG pic?

While TT 2003 is certainly loved, TTG is massively popular with a demographic and has been pushed before. It was in Lego Dimensions, after all. TTG has also had multiple WB crossovers before, like with Beetlejuice and Freakazoid. It even hosted a 100th WB Anniversary Special that had everybody.
Here's the objective difference maker, a difference maker that PFG is confirmed to want to prioritize: which of those versions could sell more skins? TTG being massively popular or recent doesn't matter too much when the 2003 version offers more and the designs have more general appeal. And provide more natural skins. TTG would be harder to make skins for and would be completely out of place with how the other DC characters work. The Go designs aren't even massively different that kids wouldn't recognize the originals, Go designs are just the 03 ones but smaller, what is the point of using TTG?

TTG being in WB crossovers before doesn't mean too much either as the original Teen Titans got in crossovers too. And so has The Rock's Black Adam, he got heavily pushed by Warner even thrown in Fortnite only for PFG to use the historical main design instead. This was during the period where the movie was shilled the most.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I feel like Him is by far the most iconic vilains after Mojo Jojo, I definitely think he would get the edge over Fuzzy Lumpkins and Ace.

Honestly I think a Billy and Mandy rep is an under talked about pick as CN goes. Has been showing up in promos a lot. also omg haruka
Yeah I agree, I'm surprised that it's not that often brought up, I always thought it was one of the most popular CN show (and it's a personal favorite of mine alongside Ed Edd n' Eddy, KND and Camp Lazlo). I guess Billy and Mandy will get more discussion later in the game life when other shows get in like Samurai Jack, Powerpuff and Johnny Bravo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like Him is by far the most iconic vilains after Mojo Jojo, I definitely think he would get the edge over Fuzzy Lumpkins and Ace.
That is true, even in a game where Rick Sanchez fights Arya Stark. I was going more for target demographic villains in that case, just so people don't get the wrong ideas.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That is true, even in a game where Rick Sanchez fights Arya Stark. I was going more for target demographic villains in that case, just so people don't get the wrong ideas.
Pray tell, what “wrong ideas” would the “target demographic” get from Him? :snakefire:

Pray tell, what “wrong ideas” would the “target demographic” get from Him? :snakefire:
It's nothing really. I just thought putting what amounts to the Devil in MultiVersus might get some controversy. I support Him's choices in life beyond being a demon, if that's what you're egging me on about.

Also, I was saying those "wrong ideas" would be imagined by the target demographic's parents instead, if anything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's nothing really. I just thought putting what amounts to the Devil in MultiVersus might get some controversy. I support Him's choices in life beyond being a demon, if that's what you're egging me on about.

Also, I was saying those "wrong ideas" would be imagined by the target demographic's parents instead, if anything.
Getting parents upset over videogames like that is so 1991, of which the children of that demographic are now the new generation of parents for children who would play this game.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
People who think video games don’t have a stigma in the U.S. haven’t spent time around enough Normies. 90% of the populace only play CoD, Fortnite, Roblox, or Minecraft for a reason. Or the stray other triple a game. And this is why I am fine with Smash being so Japan centric.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

I really don't think this would be a problem in a game with Jason Voorhees and The Batman who Laughs in it. Maybe if this were released during times of great "satanic panic" but we're well past that having any influence on the mainstream.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Btw, what do you think they'll do with Batman going forward? Im pretty sure they have an entire year's worth of backlog voicelines of kevin so im not worried about Batman being left out of in-game interactions, but they'll probably run out eventually.

It sad to think that maybe they'll have to recast batman eventually, hopefully just for new lines and cinematics.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Btw, what do you think they'll do with Batman going forward? Im pretty sure they have an entire year's worth of backlog voicelines of kevin so im not worried about Batman being left out of in-game interactions, but they'll probably run out eventually.

It sad to think that maybe they'll have to recast batman eventually, hopefully just for new lines and cinematics.
Honestly I just think Batman is not going to have any more interaction and that's it. I don't think it's really worth the trouble of having a new voice actor just for a few interaction here and there, and like you said he probably have already a few unused interactions.

Also on another topic, it's so weird to me that even after all the announcements we get, we still haven't seen the Water tower stage in gameplay. I mean, the music of the stage is still on WB music youtube channel, and the stage is shown in the background of the relaunch artwork and was heavily featured in the cinematic trailer, but they still didn't show gameplay of it, nor they confirmed it's actually going to be there at relaunch.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Honestly I just think Batman is not going to have any more interaction and that's it. I don't think it's really worth the trouble of having a new voice actor just for a few interaction here and there, and like you said he probably have already a few unused interactions.

Also on another topic, it's so weird to me that even after all the announcements we get, we still haven't seen the Water tower stage in gameplay. I mean, the music of the stage is still on WB music youtube channel, and the stage is shown in the background of the relaunch artwork and was heavily featured in the cinematic trailer, but they still didn't show gameplay of it, nor they confirmed it's actually going to be there at relaunch.
Considering the last 2 stages have gimmicks to them, they might just been struggling to figure a gimmick for water tower.

Of course my choice would make the Animaniacs be a constant nuisance for the fighters, but i don't think people are going to like that at all.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Considering the last 2 stages have gimmicks to them, they might just been struggling to figure a gimmick for water tower.
I really doubt that'd be the reason. They wouldn't show it at all in that case. And if they had to for whatever reason they could always have the competitive/hazardless version come out before the hazardous version.

I reckon it won't be at launch, and they're gonna add it like a week or two in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to play Multiversus for half a week.

Top Bottom