• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple Air Attacks?

DoctorSmash

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I haven't been able to find a thread or anything in the wiki about how to do multiple air attacks without having to be grounded.

An example being when you see let's say three pikachu back kicks performed by isai without having to touch the ground. When I try, I can maybe get two attacks off.

Another example is using DK's jumping up air attack, where he swings his arm above him. When I try, again maybe one or two. They are able some how to do many before hitting the ground.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Doc

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I haven't been able to find a thread or anything in the wiki about how to do multiple air attacks without having to be grounded.

An example being when you see let's say three pikachu back kicks performed by isai without having to touch the ground. When I try, I can maybe get two attacks off.

Another example is using DK's jumping up air attack, where he swings his arm above him. When I try, again maybe one or two. They are able some how to do many before hitting the ground.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Doc
hi welcome to the boards. I think i understand your question but i have no idea how to answer it. sounds like you need more practice? if you could record some game footage of you trying to do what you are describing maybe we can give you some helpful advice. even just a cell phone video of your tv screen while u are playing would be fine

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you're probably not getting the first move out fast enough? i dunno, i guess good training is trying to land mario sh dair uair, pika sh uair uair, falcon sh uair uair. that sort of stuff.

you can also stick jump to increase your height, thus giving you more time in the air to perform aerials.

DoctorSmash

Smash Rookie
you're probably not getting the first move out fast enough? i dunno, i guess good training is trying to land mario sh dair uair, pika sh uair uair, falcon sh uair uair. that sort of stuff.

you can also stick jump to increase your height, thus giving you more time in the air to perform aerials.
I had no idea that using the joystick made you jump higher. I always use the C-button. This may have solved the problem. Thank you.

hi welcome to the boards. I think i understand your question but i have no idea how to answer it. sounds like you need more practice? if you could record some game footage of you trying to do what you are describing maybe we can give you some helpful advice. even just a cell phone video of your tv screen while u are playing would be fine
Here is an example that I am referring to, at around 20:50, you see isai do three back kicks as the rat to dext3r and still have a jump to get back on the ledge.

It actually will not let me post a link yet! So instead, it is the #DontGetHit Session Number 6. Sorry, wish I could post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
A lot of times you don't want to look at it as two separate commands; the first being the jump and the second being an aerial. A lot of the characters can get off the ground super quick, so if you slide your fingers from the c button to the a button in one fast and fluid motion it makes quite a difference if you're trying to aerial quickly.

Pika, Mario, Luigi, Fox, Kirby, and Ness can all get off the ground really fast so sliding is hella good with them.

Falcon, Samus, Dk, and Yoshi get off a bit slower but you can still time the slide.

I wouldn't bother sliding with Puff or Link. Their jumps are hella slow.

Actually, DK might be in that slow category as well.

IDK.

I didn't bother looking up the actual frame data for jump animations so if I'm wrong on any of the above info someone let me know.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I had no idea that using the joystick made you jump higher. I always use the C-button. This may have solved the problem. Thank you.

Here is an example that I am referring to, at around 20:50, you see isai do three back kicks as the rat to dext3r and still have a jump to get back on the ledge.

It actually will not let me post a link yet! So instead, it is the #DontGetHit Session Number 6. Sorry, wish I could post the link.
ok i just watched the part u are refering to. im not really sure why you would have trouble pulling this off. its just a jump followed by a back air, and then another jump followed by 2 more back airs. Perhaps you are trying to do a second jump to0 quickly before the attack lag ends? the thing is after u do an aerial there is a short period of time when your character cant attack and jump while you are in attack lag so if you try to jump too early nothing will happen. just watch the clip very closely and try to mimic how isai does it

Shears

Smash Master
A lot of times you don't want to look at it as two separate commands; the first being the jump and the second being an aerial. A lot of the characters can get off the ground super quick, so if you slide your fingers from the c button to the a button in one fast and fluid motion it makes quite a difference if you're trying to aerial quickly.

Pika, Mario, Luigi, Fox, Kirby, and Ness can all get off the ground really fast so sliding is hella good with them.

Falcon, Samus, Dk, and Yoshi get off a bit slower but you can still time the slide.

I wouldn't bother sliding with Puff or Link. Their jumps are hella slow.

Actually, DK might be in that slow category as well.

IDK.

I didn't bother looking up the actual frame data for jump animations so if I'm wrong on any of the above info someone let me know.
I find using r to be easier and faster than sliding from c button to a. You can basically pinch the controller to get an immediate jump and aerial

Nixernator

Smash Ace
That's brilliant, I always used to mess around doing aerials with R then trying to Z Cancel with R for fun, never thought to actually apply it to games. Boy do I feel dumb now

Top Bottom