• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiplayer in Basic Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
Can 2 people play in a Basic Brawl on the same Wii?
Because it seems like I'm always in a game with people who know each other.
It seems I'm always with a group of 12 year olds who only pick Hyrule, have terrible lag, camp, spam, and basically do everything that annoys you. But I'm hearing about something called a "Taunt Party"

Usually the characters doing this are Lucas, Zelda, and Ike. And does anyone else notice that if they get a sudden death, they won't kill each other, then they seemingly race to kill themselves first?
I also noticed a Ike and Zelda pair that seem to work together, but the Zelda will always kill herself to make sure Ike always wins, especially during the Sudden Death. It's as if they're a couple or something.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
If you wanted to ask a question you should have done it here. -.-
>>>>>>http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230297<<<<<<

To answer your original question; no. You cannot multiplay on wifi unless you have hacked your wii through Homebrew or some sort.

What you are seeing is probably either a "friendship" established before you arrived at the room or during and you just didn't knowtice it. Or it could be a taunt party in the workings. Either way those people are tools in my opinion but meh.

Next time post in the Q&A, please!

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
But it seems like the people would have to be in the same room because they always pick the same stages. The stage I pick never gets selected. It's either Hyrule, (or if I'm lucky) Final Destination

Only when the rest of the players actually seem to be playing on their own, which is very very rarely, will my stage ever be selected. But when the characters are Zelda and Lucas, I might as well choose the stage at random since it doesn't make a difference.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
But it seems like the people would have to be in the same room because they always pick the same stages. The stage I pick never gets selected. It's either Hyrule, (or if I'm lucky) Final Destination

Only when the rest of the players actually seem to be playing on their own, which is very very rarely, will my stage ever be selected. But when the characters are Zelda and Lucas, I might as well choose the stage at random since it doesn't make a difference.
Sadly taunters and teamers have this hive mind thing going on where the only stages that exist in brawl are Temple, FD and Mario Bros.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
I encountered that with 2 Snake players.
Really? So did I! I was expecting a taunt party, but I encountered 2 snake players and a taunt partier. The taunt partier sucked and the 2 Snake's kept on winning, mostly because they get free kills from letting one Snake die once the other Snake gives them a jab.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Really? So did I! I was expecting a taunt party, but I encountered 2 snake players and a taunt partier. The taunt partier sucked and the 2 Snake's kept on winning, mostly because they get free kills from letting one Snake die once the other Snake gives them a jab.
Yeah they were doing that on me as well. They were OK Snakes, Snakes I know I can easily take on 1 on 1 but I always had complete interferance from their partner. They always made sure they won. The 4th when I was with them was always getting KOed because he/she wasn't so good.

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
You forgot Bridge of Eldin
I wish they picked that stage! Anything's better than Hyrule.
Does anyone else notice a correlation between lag and the Hyrule stage? The people who pick it must have horrible internet connections:pikachu:

kingofkings97

Smash Cadet
I don't see why we couldn't continue the conversation taunt parties do happen a lot in basic brawls.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hate to say it guys, but there is already threads for this topic, and the question's been answered.

By no means am I saying you can't talk about taunt parties, I'm just saying you can't do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom