• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiplayer Idea

Belsophos

Smash Rookie
I think can safely say I have dedicated a lot of my time with my friends exclusively playing project m. Since the beginning, project m has been our outlet for anything smash related and it pushs for more competitive play. However there is one idea that could further the multiplayer experience.

Tracking Wins

Its something that's been in almost any fighting yet I don't understand why it isn't implemented in smash. Only kills are highlighted with the stars given to people during the character selection screen. Obviously this might seem insignificant to a lot of you but it would be a really nice addition to any local multiplayer because it would allow everyone to track their wins easily and having it on screen would further the multiplayer experience.

Wins could be represented with an icon and a number just like kills. In all honesty I feel like this should be implemented into the next update that is to come. Its the small things that bring the experience together.

Last edited:

Belsophos

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how we could take this idea to the project m devs. I doubt it would be hard to really implement this and it could just take the local multiplayer stuff to the next level.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't think I need to have my wins shown in my group of friends.

42/4/6/1 is not good for keeping up my friends morale. :smirk:

But I still support it.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369

But I still support it.
xD That was great. Anyways, I absolutely love this idea! There seem to be quite a few threads with "Meh..." Ideas or whatever but this is definately one of those rare "Yay!" Ones. :D

Belsophos

Smash Rookie
xD That was great. Anyways, I absolutely love this idea! There seem to be quite a few threads with "Meh..." Ideas or whatever but this is definately one of those rare "Yay!" Ones. :D
Lmao thanks that means a lot for my first thread. I didn't think everyone would like it this much. Honestly I've been browsing this forum for months now but decided its time to interact and share my experiences.

Belsophos

Smash Rookie

But I still support it.
LOL I'm actually thankful my group of friends all play at the same level but I'm that single one that's gone above and beyond and mastered a lot of the techs and such. Feels good to be rewarded :p.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
This would be cool, but it'd suck if it disappeared every time you swapped name tags like the K.O. tracker does :/ With the number of people I play with, we cycle through turns pretty quickly...

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This seems like a neat idea. Wins are saved in the records, so it's a bit redundant, but then again ko's are saved in the records as well and they obviously belong on the css. My only concern would be where this counter would be put.

Belsophos

Smash Rookie
This seems like a neat idea. Wins are saved in the records, so it's a bit redundant, but then again ko's are saved in the records as well and they obviously belong on the css. My only concern would be where this counter would be put.
I think it would be fairly easy to fit just a smash fonted number above or somewhere inside the character selection cards to illustrate wins. Also they could use a symbol such as the characters logo beside an x and the number to represent wins.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm down! I would gladly remove my KO indicator to view wins on the CSS. Now we just need a member of the PMBR in here...

Maybe I can leave a trail of Skittles from Strongbad's house to this thread... He'll be here in no time.

Belsophos

Smash Rookie
Seriously loving the support for this idea. Didn't think it would get this much love. Thanks guys :)

Top Bottom