• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-waveshine issue

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
So i've had this problem occur to me since pm 3.0 but im now finally making a thread about it. Whenever i do multiple wavshines with fox falco or wolf i randomly get a side B-input, this issue never happened to me in melee unless i get a missed input so i was just wondering if this was intentionally put in by the PMDT is it a bug or missed input. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGqXXbQRnE&feature=youtu.be

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
It's definitely a missed input, but you were right to come here. Project M's analog thresholds aren't exactly the same as Melee's, so that's probably what's throwing you off. As far as I know, there are no plans to change this - it's not a bug.

Also, due to a bug, all changes in momentum happen one frame later than Melee, which makes wavedashing take one frame longer. This will probably never be fixed.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I wonder why they don't just fix the threshold. I think I might have heard a PMDT member say it is tough to code analog stick. Didn't know about the momentum thing either. Kinda sucks.

Wait, does the momentum thing apply to jumps? Does that explain marth's new early aerials and auto cancel u-air on Falco?

Last edited:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I don't think analog thresholds need to be "fixed," because I'm not convinced they're a problem. And no, possibly different waveshine timing is not, on its own, a problem.

The momentum delay applies to all movement.

Top Bottom