• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Multi-man Melee challenge tips for the lazy

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
If you're trying to complete challenges that give costumes and custom equipment and still need the 200+ KOs in endless melee and 4+ KOs, keep reading for the super lazy way I finished those two.

Endless Melee 200+ KOs:
Ledge/Edge shark with Jigglypuff. Basically go off the edge and wait for one of them to come near you.
Then use pound (over+b) and retreat to the safety of off stage again to repeat.
This does get a little harder after 100 KO's, just don't get impatient! Stick to the plan.

Cruel Melee 4+ KO's:
Use Shulk. Dash off a ledge and grab it. Once they come come, jump back on stage and counter (down+b)
You may need to do this one more time as they come back on stage again.
Repeat until they finally get you.

Shulk's counter seems to last an extra half second or so longer than the other counters available, giving you much more room for error in timing it.

10-man Melee in under 20 seconds:
Jigglypuff again, but be aggressive when using pound to take out the Mii fighters. Giant Jiggles is such an easy rest target to finish the fight.

110 KO's in 3 minute melee:
Rosalina. Pick a platform to stand under (left or right), send Luma into the middle, smash as needed. Reset luma to the middle if it decides to wander off. Got a 126 KO's on my first try with almost no effort after failing several times with other characters.

100 man melee in under 3 minutes:
Rosalina once again is super easy for this. DK's ground pound can also work. Yoshi's neutral air is a pretty quick stage clearer too.

Reset the non-mii opponents:
On every mode except 10 many melee (which will always end with a giant version of yourself), the character opponents that show up every 25 KO's are fixed until you leave the stage (exit instead of retry). So if you get ones that are hard to KO, like a Bowser, Shulk, and DK as your line-up. Leave and come back and hopefully you'll have someone lighter that will KO to one smash attack.

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I also suggest using Olimar's up tilt for the time limited challenges. It is beastly in these modes.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Easiest kills in Cruel: Counter as Mac, you will pretty instantly get the KO Punch. Use it.

Endless is easy with anyone with a killing utilt. Marth, Lucina, DK, Bowser, DDD, the list goes on. Stand near the top and just spam utilt.

100-man under 3 minutes can be done with most any character. Uptilt on top platform with Ike or Lucario.

Really, the utilt strategy works for most characters and most of the modes, with the exception of Cruel.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Link's tilts and Bowser Jr.'s side B - other easy methods

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina was able to complete most of the Multi-Man Smash challenges for me. The only exception is Cruel Smash, where I used Kirby, and used the Inhale trick to make the KOs that I needed.

Top Bottom