• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi-jump priorities

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
Because of kirby's multi-jump priorities, this allows Kirby to waltz with Matilda a bit longer than others. Two jumps could be for killing, the other three could be to get back in the stage and edgehang if they try to recover.

I made a simple character chart to illustrate this. It might not come up right.

Figure 1

Code:
              Kirby and Enemy above and beside stage    
                               Stage here
Say Bob is Kirby and Joe is Marth. Joe knows Kirby can jump 5 times, but how will Bob use those five jumps? Bob f-smashes Joe, and Joe gets far from the edge. Bob uairs Joe and now needs to finish him off. He uses another uair and Joe's out of there. Meanwhile, he's now on his 3rd jump.

Fig. 2
Code:
                   Bob   here 3     2  1
                                                 Stage
The numbers illustrate the number of jumps taken. Bob is now of considerable length from the stage. Say he needs to get back, with 2 jumps.

Code:
             Bob here 4
                             Stage
Therefore it is possible for kirby to provide a very creative recovery situation. And if you can't, ALWAYS TRY ^B.
It may mess you up, but there's a vital edgegrab priority there. You CAN make it. Just hit the button, ya' here?

Okay, I'm done.

Here's the condensed version so I don't sound like a person with no idea what he's talking about, which I don't:

You can use jumps to your advantage. Kirby's aerial game is ownage. Use it good, because you can basically subsitute that for a wavedash.

I don't advise doing that substitution, though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea although i like your diagram you have to realize the fact that Kirby has a terrible air guarding game against most people and more often then not can be in more trouble then the person because he will take damage and get knocked away fairly quickly...

However the diagrams are appreciated and i see what your saying. Too bad Kirby doesn't guard as well as we could hope...

KIRBY FOR NON SUCK IN BRAWL :)

Dodger

Smash Ace
It depends on the character you're fighting really. Sure it works vs. a Marth*, but it would be suicide to try that on a Jigglypuff.

On the flip side, a tactic I'm very fond of is a return fake out. Say you're slowly making your way back to the level. An impatient opponent may try to jump out and intercept you which he hopes will catch you off guard. In this case, fast fall, so as to avoid the incoming attack and then retailitate with an uair/bair.

*You still have to be careful because of Marth's range. I find it's a little easier to wait low and let the marth fall towards you because that way you avoid the smash-b move that Marth likes to use when recovering. Be wary of the dair though. In my experience marth's generally don't go for it though, I think mainly because it will screw their recovery if they miss.

Top Bottom