• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Much more effective way to setup neutralB lock!?!

Teh Future

Smash Master
OK so when I first started playing IC I wondered why after two popo dthrow to nana fair people would not go for the IBL, since it is very effective for racking up damage. It works great on computers after all. Obviously, when I started trying it on actual opponents it didn't work so great, people DIed all over the place when you chaingrab them and a lot of the time just end up behind you or in some other crazy position. It was also difficult to setup the alternate hits perfectly. I think I might I found a solution to this.

Instead of dthrowing, use popo Forward throw to Nana Spike. You can spike them at a greater distance away from you, so DI should not be a problem, and it desyncs the ICs perfectly. I think(not completely sure though) that it takes longer to do this, so popo's first ice block hits the person almost as soon as they hit the ground. Sounds promising, but idk. Im playing with some people later today so Ill get back to you guys on the results.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ummm no it works on computers for sure. Im just saying its a better way to set it up rather than dthrow to fair because it puts them farther away from you and desyncs the ICs much easier.

smaci92

Smash Lord
If they're at around 40%-60%, I use fthrow to fair or dthrow to fair...but I find that: release grab to fair works best at higher percents...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
fthrow is the only way to set up an ibl. i can do it fine on humans, i don't know why you should have any trouble, havokk... :-/

i've killed characters on walk off stages using ibl... it so easy and it pisses everyone off.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
For the early Nanaspike regrabs x2, I always use Popo Dthrow -> Nanaspike -> regrab.
But for the IBL I always use Popo Fthrow -> Nanaspike -> Iceblocks.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I only use Fthrow to Fair when Im on edge, because I cant meteor w/ Dthrow to Fair on large characters. ;>.<
Also, I use dthrow for IBL, because thats how I first saw/did it....

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I use d-throw or f-throw to ice block lock, but IMO f-throw's easier because d-throw has a little lag at the end after the spike so my desynched ice shots messes up.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i just can't get the hang of dthrow to fair... it just feels more natural to only have to press the control stick in one direction....

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I can personally see both D-throw and F-throw working (it really depends on getting the desynched Ice Shots timed right), although the timing of the overall sequence would obviously differ. I prefer F-throw to Nana F-air as the setup, but that's just me.

i just can't get the hang of dthrow to fair... it just feels more natural to only have to press the control stick in one direction....
You can try using the joystick for the throw and the C-stick for Nana's F-air.

Top Bottom