• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Much ado about projectile spam, approaches and camping

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
My For Glory matches of late have been quite unfortunate, if you even want to call it that.
That main issue (and my only GIANT weakness with him) I'm having with Luigi is dealing with players who choose rather 'campy' playstyles.
Projectile spam is keeping me pinned at a distance and I'm having a really hard time finding an approach to get in any sort of range for Luigi to be effective.
And the last quick final note are players who physically stand and wait for me to move into range so they can start pelting me with whatever.

Any advice?

Last edited:

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm so there are a few things you can do about the spammy players.

Megaman: You basically have to catch his metal blade and shield the crash bombs while you approach. You could try using fireballs to take out the crash bombs, but i think it's probably better to just shield. If you catch a metal blade and hold it he won't get another one until that one disappears. It's not easy but it is doable to get in.

Link: This is a tough one. The closer you get to him the more he has to use against you. Best thing i feel is to get just outside of sword range and try to bait it his more laggy moves. Dont forget that you can catch bombs with airdodges.

Villager: So, being a villager player myself, my advice is to mix up how you avoid the lloid. Anything you do is punishable. If you shield he grabs, if you jump he gets you with slingshot at just about any range, spotdodging will probably get you a dash attack or Dair, he can get you with anything he wants if you roll, if you use your fireballs he can get you with a slingshot easily. I think rolling is a good way to start off, since it helps close the distance between you, but don't do it more than once in a row or you will get punished badly. There are a lot of mindgames and rock paper scissors type things so the key here is to be aware of all of your options and mix them up often.

It would help if you gave more details of exactly which characters are doing what rather than just saying "I can't deal with zoning".

wiiqwertyuiop

Smash Cadet
I find Luigi's B down to be a pretty good option for approaching "spammers" since it eats most projectiles and can punish rolls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom