• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Meta Knight

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I've played some games against a pair of MK... Oblivion too, but I didn't have major problems, just the level of the players into the match... The typical combo sometimes work, sometimes not...

In my point of view, this is an OK MU... but a friend of mine says that MK has a true combo (the typical one, Uair * X into UpB death) at 30%~...

It is that true? Can you do DI or SDI out of this combo?

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
I think this match up is pretty bad for Link. Metaknight's speed and combos alone make it hard for Link to effectively use his projectiles. It's almost like facing a faster Kirby without the dair, but with uair combos. Some of Link's combo will stop working at low percent due to MK's lightness. Link's advantages are being able to kill MK earlier, and living longer than most of the cast.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
This is arguably one of our worst MUs. MK has everything you need in order to be able to destroy Link (fast dash, multiple jumps to avoid projectiles, insane dash attack/dash grab which combos in insane damage or death).
MK indeed has a true uair to upb combo which can lead into a kill, and no you can not DI out of it. The only way you can get out of it is if the MK messes it up himself.
On top of that when MK is under you you really cant do anything; if you airdodge you'll either get caught with just an upb or an uair > upb (which usually kills), MK's upb also beats pretty much all our aerials including dair if spaced correctly.
I'd say this matchup is like 7-3 for MK, or maybe 6.5-3.5 at best.

Top Bottom