• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU discussion: Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Okay it's been a long time coming but I think it's about time we address this elephant in the room and talk about the Shaq matchup. I for one hate it and have absolutely no idea what we're supposed to do. How do we approach his rock solid defense? How do we defend against this guy? I really have no idea what to do.

Pros:
  • Egg toss is more accurate than his free throws
  • Our taunts are better?

Cons:
  • Literally everything else?
I'm at a loss. What are your thoughts?

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
Taunt Shaq to death? No one can resist the inherent cuteness of Yoshi!....I think. Shaq may be immune to it. Needs further testing.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
He just boxes Yoshi out at close range, so you need to stay mobile, keep your distance and sink the long shots. You're not getting a rebound, period.

Depster

Smash Champion
Discussing the Shaq matchup, obviously.
Yeah, he'll box us out every time we miss. And don't even think about blocking him! He'll also just run you over and set himself up for free throws, which even though they don't always land, they're pretty pivotal when they do.

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
Every matchup is ridiculous against Shaq, hopefully the Aaron Carter DLC changes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom