• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Captain Falcon

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
I have beaten most captain Falcons i have played against. First thing you need to know is captain falcon wants to fight against you at very close range. If you go hit for hit at a near range most of the time captain falcon will beat you out.

Me the way I play against captain Falcons I keep them at a distants bombs boomerang and for me the most affective arrows. I use the jabs to keep falcon out from grabbing.

Captain Falcons like chasing you down going very offensive and ending things wary with spikes. If you slow down the game play the projectile game trust me most Falcons get frustrated and crack.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
I'm a Falcon player that has played quite a few matches with a really effective Link.

If you have good spacing and make good use of your projectiles, this should be a pretty easy matchup for Link.
- Link can chain quite a few Up tilts into an Up Smash for 0-50ish damage if you catch Falcon without a jump
- Abuse Link's Nair as it beats out all of Falcon's aerials and is extremely safe. Use this with retreating SH's and you'll protect yourself from Falcon's Dash attacks and approaching Up Airs.
- Link's Smashes all come out faster than Falcon's as well so don't be afraid to use them
- Grab, Up tilt, Up tilt, Up Smash
- Make sure to gimp Falcon's poor recovery with well spaced arrows when he's off-stage.

You can check out my Youtube Channel and find lots of Link vs Falcon videos:
I suggest watching JuN° on the channel

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
ABUSE LINK'S NEUTRAL AIR!
Falcon, luckily, is one of the easiest-gimped characters being that his recovery is piss poor and predictable. Nair them as they do so. You could even get really cheeky if it's not a last-stock situation, pull out a bomb and do it so far out that the bomb will aid your recovery. The hitbox lasts a century, so it's not even hard to do.

Top Bottom