• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MTV Movie Awards

smashbot226

Smash Master
Okay, THEY'RE SO AWEETHUM OMG

No, but did anybody else watch this for epic lulz?

Google what won best movie. No, I'll wait, the internet will still be here.

Did you look? YES IT WON.

As if MTV didn't fail enough already, they beat TWO of the biggest blockbusters in history, AND the OFFICIAL best movie of the year for SOME FREAKING VAMPIRE F*G.

Jesus H. Christ, looking at earlier victors makes more sense (Gladiator, The Matrix, Lord of the Rings.)

But WTF

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
*points to middle of sig*

really wtf? the only redeming part of that movies is the soundtrack which has supermassive blackhole on it, but even muse can't make it better.

edit- since my sig will only show if my post is bigger that it, ill say this:

the movie in question won 5 other awards, so that shows you the validy of mtv viewers :/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I saw the list of winners on Rotten Tomatoes and basically just ****ing cried. I'm so ashamed of my generation. Twilight winning best picture isn't the only embarrassment on the list.

I mean, it's MTV, so whatever. I don't think anyone watches those awards expecting any kind of legitimate recognition of quality in movies. But I'm still so, so grieved by the fact that people around my age actually voted for these winners. There are people who truly believe Twilight was the best movie to come out last year.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
i don't watch MTV but i saw the news on yahoo and really i lost all respect for the MTV Movie Awards, I seriously can't believe THAT movie won best movie >.>

Scott!

Smash Lord
It being MTV and all, it just doesn't seem worth it to even try to get upset over this. There's a lot of dumb Twilight fangirls out there. Is it really that surprising? Not really, no. If anyone thought there was any validity in these awards, then it might mean something.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I saw the list of winners on Rotten Tomatoes and basically just ****ing cried. I'm so ashamed of my generation. Twilight winning best picture isn't the only embarrassment on the list.

I mean, it's MTV, so whatever. I don't think anyone watches those awards expecting any kind of legitimate recognition of quality in movies. But I'm still so, so grieved by the fact that people around my age actually voted for these winners. There are people who truly believe Twilight was the best movie to come out last year.
The problem is hte people that DO normally watch this **** think MTV is god and right on everything.

RichardJ

Smash Rookie
i read the yahoo article on the list of winners and saw that Twilight stole most of them. i have no faith in humanity anymore

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The problem is hte people that DO normally watch this **** think MTV is god and right on everything.
Exactly. Now we have even MORE people who got into vampires and stuff due to these horrible books.

"LOL I LOVE EDWARD HE'S SO SHINY! I'M ALSO DARK AND EDGY NOW THAT I READ THESE BOOKS!"

>_>

How this movie beat The Dark Knight I will never know.

(that was an actual thing that a twilight fan said to me at school one day. lol.)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
When a movie that has won EIGHT Oscars doesn't win a single award and loses to a movie that wasn't even nominated for an Oscar, you know your award ceremony is a joke. I think the only reason Heath Ledger even won "Best Villain" was because Twilight has no villains BECAUSE IT IS A JOKE OF A STORY WITH NO VILLAINS.

Thank science the people voting in this nonsense aren't really apart of my generation.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, it's pretty bad. It was even worse at the middle of the school year when just about every girl and even some guys were going completely crazy for Twilight.

The list is garbage but it was what I expected....

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom