• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 4/21/11

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
I hope you aren't referring to our television, Logan. That thing is a piece of ****.

Edit*: Lol, didn't read your whole post. Nvm

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Haha, Oh well. I'm gonna have to pick up Brawl again somehow before January 8, or I'll get ***** in this tournament lol. Though, as soon as Talon, Jester, and Iori agreed to go I probably got knocked out of the top 3.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha, Oh well. I'm gonna have to pick up Brawl again somehow before January 8, or I'll get ***** in this tournament lol. Though, as soon as Talon, Jester, and Iori agreed to go I probably got knocked out of the top 3.
What about me? lol

Also key is a really good player and he goes to msu

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I might have threatened to take you in Brawl... until I started 64. lol
I play MK, so I play broke ;) And I look forward to seeing some Epic MS/Memphis Brawl Battles

Winnar

Smash Lord
I might have threatened to take you in Brawl... until I started 64. lol
I play MK, so I play broke ;) And I look forward to seeing some Epic MS/Memphis Brawl Battles
sounds like a john to me :o

I mean I play melee and occasionally 64 and I still beast at brawl

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I don't think you understand...
But I'll make sure to call my buddy Jodo over here and work on my anti-Olimar skills, since that's his main. Stupid Pikmin lol.

Plus, you guys gotta have a chance to win at something, cuz I'm claiming the 64. I got 3 more weeks of practice to get in :) Be scared lol.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Practice all you want!

I've never played against a legit MK (except once in a FFA on Skyworld, but that was lame :p), but WE AIN'T NERVOUS!

We being me and my pikmenz

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah, dawg. Prolimar got that whistle armor, yo. Can't stop that.

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol whatchu know bout peach

also falco, who may or may not secretly be the best character in brawl

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Falco LAWL! Falco's too slow for my MK. Looks like I need to practice Brawl a lot to make sure you guys are put in yo place fools! Mr. T pity the foo.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I may be down for a $1 mm or something, depending how awful I am at brawl when I actually play :p

But he meant You vs him (winnar) I'm pretty sure..

And yeah, I might look into that... I only play Smash64 with scrubby friends of mine currently... I'm not sure I want to treat it as a competitive game really. (Basically, from what I've read online, people camp so hard, and everyone throws off stage into gimme edgeguards... doesn't sound enjoyable imo) But idk, I've never played you, I'm not saying you'd play like that :bee:

I'd probably be more inclined to do a smash64 MM over a brawl one though, for whatever that's worth.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
(Basically, from what I've read online, people camp so hard, and everyone throws off stage into gimme edgeguards... doesn't sound enjoyable imo) But idk, I've never played you, I'm not saying you'd play like that :bee:
worth.
This is how I'm trying to play... Obviously not the same level as Isai, but I model a lot of my play style after his Pikachu, but he doesn't play DK that much :mad:

Watch these and tell me if any camping is being done by the best player in the world.

Isai Pika 1
Isai Pika 2

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
lol, Isai doesn't really camp because he doesn't need to... I'm just talking about stuff I've read from s2j in the n64 forums. Isai is ****ing monstrous at smash64 though haha.. Jv6? gtfo.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
First of all, I have no Idea what s2j and Jv6 means...
And, if you play good people then no camping is needed. I won't lie, I use throws a lot more than I do in Brawl. But smash players can not live on throws alone.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
In 64 you basically can rofl... I just feel like grabs are way less punishable in 64, and the reward (if you're near an edge) is usually a stock.

S2J = Smoke2Jointz, a WC smash player, used to play mainly Smash64, now more melee I think... He's beast at both.

And JV, I'll let smashwiki explain:

Another variation of this is called the JV X-Stock, which is when one player finishes off a person with 1-4 stock remaining but has 0% on that stock, thereby adding one stock to the total and calling it a "JV 2-5-stock." This terminology stems from the idea that if the player hadn't taken that one hit that killed him/her when he/she was at high percentage, the player would have won the battle with one extra stock. The term was created by the player JV, who used to call his 0% finishing wins a JV X-stock, where X represented the value of the remaining stock plus 1.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Interesting, Never even heard of it before. It does make sense, and the key to not playing on the edge is to have a character with a ranged weapon. Pikachu, for instance, can force an opponent not to play the edge.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Mine, I assume.

I...don't really know, to be honest. I know Lee + LA(?), iori + memphis(?), vue + crew, cyner(?), maybe Alabama will be here for brawl. That's the out of state interest for brawl off the top of my head. Keys, me, Jeff, MookieRah, and anywhere between 4 to 20 people could show up from in state

Winnar

Smash Lord
9:00 - Melee doubles registration starts
10:00 - Melee doubles starts

probably take a lunch break after melee doubles, then start melee singles pools after lunch

Brawl singles sometime in the afternoon, I dunno around 5? I need to sit down and figure out a proper schedule but that's tentatively it

Probably just going to do brawl singles due to time constraints, brawl doubles hasn't been super popular in the past

okay also, venue fee is $2, events are $5 each

venue fee waived if you bring a setup (venue fee is going towards getting the club tv's for future tournaments)

zigsta - we should talk on monday about if you want to come to this how we'd work it out

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
gay freakin 9 am ? why cant brawl be first =/ im pretty sure im gonna be closin friday meanin i wont be home til 1 am. then be up around 7 ? blah this is lame..

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Haha, I really hope there are some good people there! I want my SSB64 to get better. It's hard when all I have to work with on a daily basis is level 9 CPU's, but I can 4-stock them consistently every time, so I have to to be getting somewhat better lol. My combo wombos will be awesome though. So bring your A-game Mr. Lemons!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I wish there was Brawl doubles.

I wanna time people out. :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta