• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Saturns

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
Besides being a tribute to the awesome game Earthbound, is there really any other use for the little puffballs? Its not like they are the most effective item out there, but they have to be good for something, right? Like, is there any kind of strategy that incorporates them? The only one I can think of is using it to interrupt someones attack pattern and create an opening, but thats just about it. What do you think?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Use it to break their shield. Throw it, recatch, throw it again, and if it hits their shield both times it's probably broken.

Boot Bunny1

Smash Cadet
well in my opinion i think there a pretty good item. you can throw them constantly witch is good if you are fighting a foe with 0% while you have 200% or higher. you can hop around throwing saturns at them and then go in for the finishing blow.....ok you got me, there not that good, but they are REALLY fun in training when you set the speed to X2! :laugh:

Terrorking91

Smash Cadet
Mr. Saturn stops just about EVERY attack comeing at you. Not to mention that if you throw it at someone and it hits there shield, there shield is reduced to NOTHING in just ONE hit by him. He does seem useless to a point, I could see, but it could easily turn the game around by making your enemy stunned cause there shield just broke, stoping an attack flying at you that your enemy threw/shot at you (For example, if samus is comeing back from being knocked out and she shoots her Charge Shot at you, throw Mr. Saturn at it and it will stop. Then go kill Samus while she is recovering or what not).

Then again most people don't play with items so I dout many would even care to read this thread.

My items rateing for this item: 9/10
Result: USEFULL

Corigames

Smash Hero
I've met a bomb-omb to the face from peach a few times... then again, I've also given back a couple of her own.

Cia

das kwl
Mr. Saturn is GREAT (IMO) because it can be used for many different reasons.

- Causes painful amounts of LAG to the victim
- Sheild Crusher
- Can be thrown (launched) at a high speed.
- Creates opening when ur opponent tries to pick it up (mindgames)
- Can prioritize over many attacks.

It just makes Peach that much cheaper <3

Top Bottom