• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Resetti for Brawl!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
1. He's ball of pure, unbridled rage.

2. He has a weapon (pickaxe) an thus his moveset practically writes itself, possibly with burrowing attacks as well.

3. He's the only character from Animal Crossing who has a violent, fighting edge to him.

I'd love to see him in the game. I think Animal Crossing should be represented, but the challenge comes from a recognizable character which fits in a world of combat and Resetti fits the bill on both cases.

Hell, they already had a trophy of him in SSBM. I think he'd make an excellent addition to the roster.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Really? I LOVED pushing his buttons and making him as mad as possible: I WAS resetting repeatedly just to anger him.

I admit, in AC:WW, he was a lot crueler than he was in AC64, though.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
muwahahaha yeah sure, why not. I HATE that little mole... i would love to give him a few punches in the face for yelling at me for "accidently" resetting. *evil look* :evil:

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Resseti VS. Nook, who should be in brawl...

I don't know, there both good choices :). Both would have good, orginal movesets. I don't think both could/will be in it, there are better choices then both, but man... This is hard.

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
well resetti would have pick axe moves and would be able to dig as smash brother said

there is actually a nook discussion thread if you want to talk about him in more detail.

resetti though has a fighter spirit also mentioned by smash brother and would suit the game better

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Nook just never crossed me as the fighting type. Don't get me wrong, my primary goal is to see that AC is represented with a character somehow (to hell with those "just a level" people).

I love how pissed he gets, I really do. Maybe I'm just weird like that but I love how he looks so mad that he's about to plunge his pickaxe into the player's forehead at any moment, and the lightning strikes he calls down when he screams.

But let me put him in another light for you...

Animal Crossing is a world draped in innocence and goodness, a world of purity and kindness. I've always seen it as a virtual rock garden: a state of tranquility is found from playing it which can really take the edge off of a hard day.

Mr. Resetti is the only thing keeping you, the player, honest (even if he chews you out when you don't deserve it).

Essentially, he is the guardian who stands between the purity of the AC world and a cheating player's attempts to defy the sanctity of the world by changing events they would like to do differently. Frankly, without him, the AC world is meaningless because you're free to change the course of its events anytime you want, denying it the status of a real, consistent world and instead turning it back into a plain old game (something it tries hard not to be).

I admit, it's a very abstract view on the subject, but it's technically true: the only thing standing between the purity of the AC world and the real world is Mr. Resetti.

He actually HAS made me feel bad on more than one occasion when I reset and I deserved it...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Aww, man! I wish I had known about this thread before I posted my own!

But yeah, I definetly want to see Mr. Resetti for Brawl! More then Tom Nook!

kuyariel

Smash Rookie
Good point.

Now I can kick the crap out of him for yelling at me.

He would yell at you for pausing or ending the match

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd rather see Nook or K.K. Slider. But I will say this: If Ressetti makes it in, he should only be unlockable by resetting your Wii in the middle of a match.

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
Ummmmmmm................ I think that he could be a pretty good fighter. BUT, I think in the game, they wouldn't even touch an Animal Crossing character, AT ALL. Even though people want them to be in the game, I'd be surprised to see one in there

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I hate that f*cking mole. It would be worth him taking up a char spot so I could beat the sh*t out of him.

PS: I don't like swearing on the boards but I felt I needed to get my point across
And you did. Good show.

If you hate him, you can beat him up!

If not a character, I'd still like Mr. Resetti to appear somewhere in the game.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
No, he's not talking about the game. You wrote Anime Crossing, not Animal Crossing. That's why it's funny. =P

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i just think the stupid animal crossing should stay outta brawl.
so goes for pikmin.
Well sorry kid, because you aren't the only person in the world. What gets into Brawl won't be all to your liking.

Both Animal Crossing and Pikmin are unique games and they deserve a PC.

smidge

Smash Apprentice
he looks like an angry peice of poo poo + a pickaxe. . .now im starting to worry about what i might find in the toilet next time i go to drop Mr resetti off at the pool

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Out of every Animal Crossing character,Resetti seems to be the most likely(The AC human be d a m n ed) and I officially hate whoever said that a Pikmin character shouldn't make it in.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Eh, I think Resetti has much more personality than Tom Nook and deserves the spot more. Plus he's a mole with a freakin' pickaxe. How is that NOT awesome?

Top Bottom