• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch V1.1.0 Patch Update

Sixell

Smash Cadet
This isn't related to Mr. Game & Watch himself, but I thought it might be interesting to share:

As a disclaimer, I don't main or use either characters competitively. I don't know if this is new info or if everyone knows this already, though I know people know that her grab reaches lower. I dunno if people know that she can grab G&W when he is crouching.

Also, I was controlling both players at the same time, so the gameplay is a little awkward.
That happens because GW's height fluctuates when standing or crouching. You caught him at max crouch height. At his lowest, you missed. This has been established in an MU thread that's buried in here, yeah, you might want to check out what other things we can crouch on WFT.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
This guy's a dataminer and we don't know if this landing lag "buff" is recent or not. I know Sean and the rest of the Skype chat were thrilled about B-air to N-air, but I landed those combos on 1.0.8 to check so it may be a placebo.
There are other combos that I've never hit before. What about a slower aerial? Like I've said, on some characters you can do ANY aerial. The landing lag reduction is definitely there. For instance, I tried it out against my brother's Falcon in Training just now, and I found that if he DIed back or away a fair was still guaranteed if I was quick enough.

jsqrc

Smash Rookie
I don't think the differences in the data dump are anything huge, they're literally all the same change and it's before the hitbox data. I'm guessing it has to do with calling articles (possibly the source).

Landing lag buffs could still be a thing, though.
This is most likely correct. Keep's 3DS was on the wrong version and we didn't actually get buffs to bair. Because bair didn't get touched, it is fine to assume none of the others got changed.

In other news we did find bair to nair so that's something.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Can someone compare this for me? I might have found proof that how uair chains into itself was changed, but i cannot remember if this happened prepatch...

Put any character on a fall through platform in Training mode( Dreamland, Battlefield, etc.), then get under then and uair them at 0%. The combo counter doesn't register a 2 hit combo until around 10%! It combos starting at 8% for Jiggs, 13% for Bowser, and 9% for Fox. If these numbers aren't the same as previous versions then that indicates a change!

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
hey ****ters

your landing lag is exactly the same as 1.0.8
Wow rude

And does that include the landing lag reduction if you land while hitting with BAir? It was reported in the patch change thread that it has a Bowser Jr. DAir-esque effect that reduces the landing lag from 18 to 14 frames.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wow rude

And does that include the landing lag reduction if you land while hitting with BAir? It was reported in the patch change thread that it has a Bowser Jr. DAir-esque effect that reduces the landing lag from 18 to 14 frames.
15 frames on hit.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Does this mean the turtle is actually safe on shield now if it's spaced properly?

It's still no Brawl turtle, but a buff is a buff.

D

Deleted member

Well, I haven't found anything noteworthy yet and it's been almost 2 days. I think it's safe to assume that most of the changes were just minor tweaks.

Look at dantarion's notes, and you'll see that the exact same code is in all of these moves, and is changed everytime from "unk-F38E805D(|x|, 0x10000085)" to "unk-F38E805D(|x|, 0x10000086)". Now, I'm no coding expert or anything like that (heck, I can't even interpret this at all), but since we haven't found anything noteworthy that changed about jab,nair,bair,uair,fsmash, or dtilt, and the exact same code was found in every single one of these moves, the most likely conclusion is that there are little to no changes from the last update.

Again, call me an idiot if something IS found in the next couple of days regarding the patch, but for now, I believe that we got NO changes from the last update (as depressing as that is).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Does this mean the turtle is actually safe on shield now if it's spaced properly?

It's still no Brawl turtle, but a buff is a buff.
I don't know if the lag reduction applies if it hits a shield. Possibly.

Well, I haven't found anything noteworthy yet and it's been almost 2 days. I think it's safe to assume that most of the changes were just minor tweaks.

Look at dantarion's notes, and you'll see that the exact same code is in all of these moves, and is changed everytime from "unk-F38E805D(|x|, 0x10000085)" to "unk-F38E805D(|x|, 0x10000086)". Now, I'm no coding expert or anything like that (heck, I can't even interpret this at all), but since we haven't found anything noteworthy that changed about jab,nair,bair,uair,fsmash, or dtilt, and the exact same code was found in every single one of these moves, the most likely conclusion is that there are little to no changes from the last update.

Again, call me an idiot if something IS found in the next couple of days regarding the patch, but for now, I believe that we got NO changes from the last update (as depressing as that is).
Yeah, I don't think it's noteworthy.

Furret24

Smash Master
It's a shame we didn't get any buffs this time, oh well. Hopefully next time we will.

Looking on the bright side, at least we didn't get nerfed.

phantoon

Smash Cadet
This isn't related to Mr. Game & Watch himself, but I thought it might be interesting to share:

As a disclaimer, I don't main or use either characters competitively. I don't know if this is new info or if everyone knows this already, though I know people know that her grab reaches lower. I dunno if people know that she can grab G&W when he is crouching.

Also, I was controlling both players at the same time, so the gameplay is a little awkward.
i've seen videos of WFT being able to grab a crouching kirby so it's all part of the buffs she received in this patch (i believe kirby crouches lower than G&W)

Top Bottom