• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset swaps

Pherae77

Smash Cadet
Are you able to do moveset swaps in PM? I downloaded a Young Link over Toon Link that came with a motionetc pac, and replaced the original motionetc pac for ToonLink, but when I go in game, Young Link moves fine, and looks fine, but if I try to do any moves, he goes into T stance, and eventually just freezes in T stance. I'm pretty sure the mod is functional, so why isn't it working for me? Is it something to do with PM? Because this is a Brawl mod.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
are you just replacing the motion file? :o that sounds like a psa. you would need to add every file included in PM. as well as making sure easch was named correctly. i assume its the young link by kien (only young link i know of)? it should work fine over toon link.

Montimers

Smash Apprentice
T pose means the animation called by the psa file can't be found in the motion file. You'll have to either rename the animations in the motion file to match the pac, or rename the subactions in the pac to match the motion. Results are the same.

Pherae77

Smash Cadet
Oh, I thought you just had to replace the pac that the download gave me. There were no instructions so I'd just assumed. It's called "Sacred Updated Hero of Termina" and it's by kien. I'm pretty sure it uses a Majora's Mask inspired moveset for him.

I'm having another problem though. I was replacing costumes, and now my game goes to a never ending black screen right after the Project M screen that comes up after you hit play on the launcher. I'm not sure what could be wrong. All the costumes and pictures I downloaded before worked fine, and then I downloaded "Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build" and just imported some of the costumes and battle pictures that he used onto mine, and suddenly the game doesn't work anymore. I know the models aren't the problem, because I replaced the fighter folder with a clean backup and it still didn't work, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the pictures, but I don't know what. They work on Kapedani's build, so I don't know why they wouldn't work on mine, and all the pictures are the right size. Any suggestions?

Edit: The Young Link mod doesn't have a PSA for PM. It only has VBrawl and Minus. Would VBrawl work with PM?

Edit 2: I've narrowed the problem down to the stock icons. The stock icons are what is causing my game to have a black screen right after the PM logo on launch. I'm using costume manager and putting in 32 by 32 pictures for stock icons. Stock icons have worked up until I started using the ones from Kapedani's pack, but I don't know why the problem would be specific to those ones, since they are all 32 by 32.

Last edited:
Top Bottom