• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movement and Aerial Help

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,

So I've been trying to play Jiggs for quite some time now. I've been experimenting a lot with getting consistent movement and aerials, as well as consistent l cancelling and auto cancelling, but I've been having a lot of trouble. I'm finally caving and am coming here to get some advice, if all of you wouldn't mind giving it. :D

So, I've been trying lots of different things with aerials. I've been trying using z for aerials/l cancelling so I can get a fast grab out of them, I've been trying aerials with a and l cancelling with l/r and then using z when wanting a grab, I've been trying aerials with c stick and l cancelling with l/r, etc. and nothing's really worked for me as far as getting 100% consistency with my l cancelling, fluidity in the air, and quick aerials.

My question to all of you is what works for you? I'm not looking for any solutions that only kind of work, just one that actually works. I want to have HBox level movement, that's what I'm looking for here. If you all could help me get there, that would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance, and rest on sleepy Jigglys. :D

Massive

Smash Champion
The only aerial you can safely get a grab out of is dair, and that's only if it connects with your opponent and not their shield. It is in your best interest to land in either autocancel frames or with no aerial out so you don't get punished, especially in the fox matchup.

That being said, if you're going for aerials with Z, you can also L-cancel with Z. Hbox actually uses z for most of his aerials so it might be what you are looking for.

If you can't get the l-cancel timing down with Z, try lightpressing the triggers, they don't need to click to cancel and it will be faster/easier to do.

Also, basically nobody is 100% with L-cancelling all the time. High 90%s definitely happens but even pros miss them, especially under pressure when even simple execution gets harder to maintain.

Last edited:

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the response! I forgot to say thank you right when I saw you posted because I had a tourny that night and wanted to try putting all of this info to use right away. I'm overly eager sometimes.

I have some more questions now though now that I have been getting used to using Jiggly for the last week or so and kind of finding out what I like. What I've been doing is alternating between Z, A, and C-Stick (only for dair and falling upair) for aerials, and using a light press (or trying to) on L and R for aerials.

However, after days in the lab and trying to get my movement down, I still notice that I'm not moving around nearly as quickly as HBox whenever I land after an aerial. I also notice that my lag to up tilt is far higher as well say for example, after a falling upair that's l canceled.

I'm wondering if somebody can get me some insight on this. I auto cancel at every moment I feel like I can but sometimes I just feel really slow in comparison to the better Puffs.

Sarej

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the response! I forgot to say thank you right when I saw you posted because I had a tourny that night and wanted to try putting all of this info to use right away. I'm overly eager sometimes.

I have some more questions now though now that I have been getting used to using Jiggly for the last week or so and kind of finding out what I like. What I've been doing is alternating between Z, A, and C-Stick (only for dair and falling upair) for aerials, and using a light press (or trying to) on L and R for aerials.

However, after days in the lab and trying to get my movement down, I still notice that I'm not moving around nearly as quickly as HBox whenever I land after an aerial. I also notice that my lag to up tilt is far higher as well say for example, after a falling upair that's l canceled.

I'm wondering if somebody can get me some insight on this. I auto cancel at every moment I feel like I can but sometimes I just feel really slow in comparison to the better Puffs.
Practice practice practice. I couldn't wavedash like Hbox and better Puff players for a 5 months and I eventually got it down in the past few weeks and can nearly do it flawlessly. Just gotta get that tech practice in which for Puff includes a lot of aerial movement. To speak about myself my biggest issue currently is not player enough people for practice on a regular basis.

Top Bottom