• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Origins

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Sup, Game & Watchers. I've been playing as GaW lately, and I'v decided to determine where his moves come from.

I've owned enough Game & Watch Galleries to know most of them, but I'm stuck on some... Help?

A: Greenhouse

F-tilt: Lion
U-tilit: Flagman
D-tilit: Manhole

F-Smash: Fire Attack
U-Smash: Octopus
D-Smash: Vermin

B: Chef
>B: Judgement
^B: Fire/Parachute
VB: Oil Panic

Nair: Tropical Fish
Fair: Cake (From Mario Bros.)/Package (Mario's Cement Factory)
Bair: Turtle Bridge
Uair: Spitball Sparky
Dair: Donkey Kong Jr.

Throws: Throw

Final Smash: Octopus

Tauns: Alarm-Clock function.

Sparx401

Smash Rookie
d-tilt: Manhole

f-smash: Torch/Fire Torch (I can't remember what the game was actually...)

d-smash: Vermin

f-air: Mario's Cement Factory. It's a package, not a cake, not a credit card, not a brick (or whatever).

throws: Ball (where you juggle balls and try to not let any drop).

taunts: The two that has G&W ringing bells is a throwback to one of the Game and Watch's actual functions. The game and watch, while a way to pass time back in the day, was also an alarm clock. When the alarm goes off, a little character (it depends on the game) will pop on screen ringing a bell. For the lion game, it's a lion, and for Oil Panic, it's a policeman. G&W's taunts reflect those "alarms".

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm positive it's a cake, not a cement block. In Mario Bros., when the cake reached a certain point in the factory, it appeared as 2 bars of the same size on top of each other.

...Actually, if I remember correctly, the same image appeared in Mario's Cement Factory. I guess either would work.

But It's way more fun killing people with cake.

Anyhow, thanks, Sparx!

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I think you're both wrong, I think G&W's fair is this:

Whenever I end a combo with his fair I scream "Annnd ACTION!"

Lag

Smash Journeyman
His Forward Smash is called Fire. For the game you had to like protect a fort from some Native Americans with - you guessed it - fire.

Fire + Wooden fort = Not good

D. M.

Smash Rookie
The game with the torch is called Fire Attack, actually. Fire was the game with the burning building and you had to help LCD people reach the ambulance. Fire Attack is easy to recognize with its black and orange design for a system.

Juggle is actually Ball. The first ever G&W game. Also remade ten years later into Mario the Juggler, the final G&W and exclusive to certain people, I'm pretty sure.

His recovery is now a mix of Fire and Parachute, of course. And that neutral air is apparently.. Tropical Fish? It's honestly the only move I don't know the game of.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
In Tropical Fish, I'm pretty sure you caught fish in a bowl before a cat ate them. Or something like that...

Actually, the first time I saw his Down B, I thought it was Egg.

Top Bottom