• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MotorGuarding

wodan46

Smash Cadet
If you throw a motorbike over the edge, and it hits someone trying to recover, it will probably kill them due to the way the bike works.

It falls fast until it hits the opponent, bounces up a little, then falls down again. However, it doesn't actually have much knockback, ensuring that it will keep hitting the opponent frequently enough to neutralize most escape tactics. The Bike large size also helps in this regard.

I dropped a bike on Pit trying to recover, it hit him as he tried to jump, then as he tried to up B, and even after he was already doomed, it hit him several more times for extra humiliation.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, it works pretty well, though it's tough to land. Maybe with enough practice you could get really good at it.

I think it works on people hanging from the edge if you space it right. Even though a good player wouldn't stand thereand get owned by the bike if could force them to get up from the edge while keeping your distance.

wodan46

Smash Cadet
This strategy is one that comes up rarely, but when it does, its highly effective.

The specific circumstance is when you knock an opponent off the edge with a motorcycle and get off, and the opponent is currently recovering in an upwards direction hugging the side of the stage, presumably to avoid Wario's recovery disrupting Aerials.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
This is extremely situational though. Against pit it seems good, but most people can make it back. I wouldn't just summon my bike just to edgegaurd with it. Hitting pit with anything during his b-up is good enough, Good mention though.

Top Bottom