• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 3

Did you play Mother 3?

• Total voters

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Did any of the Lucas mains here actually play Mother 3? I guess this sorta ties in with the Ness thread on EarthBound.

Anyway, so I guess the main questions here are: Do you play Lucas because of Mother 3? Did you play Mother 3 because of Lucas? If you did play Mother 3 did you like it? If you didn't what made Lucas such an appealing character to you?

I can say that when Brawl originally came out and when I first heard of Lucas, I had already played EarthBound and even EarthBound Zero. Yet, even with this I actually resented Lucas simply because I thought he'd replace Ness. The fanmade translation on Starmen.net was not completed at this time so I decided to hold off on playing Lucas until I played the game so I could appreciate his character more. Needless to say, Mother 3 is my favorite of the trilogy and my longtime maining of Ness has been pushed to second place because of Lucas. I just love his moveset and how crazy his moves are.

So what about you community? Share your thoughts.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Mother 3 is one of my favorite games, perhaps my #1.

But it's not why I play Lucas. I choose characters to main based on their playstyle.

$$$ammy

Smash Rookie
I actually just started playing Mother 3 last week. Been a Lucas (Claus) main since brawl though.

Dat Brawl Up-Smash in 4-player... :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom