• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying / Most Frustrating Online Experiences?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't know if there's a thread like this yet, but...
Post about your most satisfying and most frustrating Smash battles here, whether it be matches from For Fun or For Glory!

For most satisfying (so far), I think it would be when I managed to actually spike someone with Shulk's dair from the top of the stage in a For Glory match against some player's Marth.
I know it seems like no big feat, but I can't land that move to save my stock. ._.

As far as most frustrating goes, I managed to stumble into a Japanese player named "ルーク” that would forever cement in my mind how terrible I am against Pac-Man. No matter what I did, the player just managed to punish me for every single action I did. They seemed to enjoy using the forsaken Fire Hydrant so much. I was completely helpless. I went on and continued to play with him/her for over 20 matches, I was so determined to beat this person, but by that point, I was reduced to playing absolutely terrible. I didn't manage to win any matches against this person and I had to put the game down for a long while.

Last edited:

S2

Smash Lord
I had a for glory match in which I reflected villagers tree back at him with Mario's cape and then he used pocket on it. I'm still haunted by that tree. And how it later came sailing into my face.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
One time in for glorly I was in a sudden death situation, I was playing as Robin, I tried to use Thoron on the enemy but he dodge rolled behind me, luckily Robin had no more uses with that Time, so he tossed it, and it K.O'd the opponent. It was completely accidental. But hey. I won x3

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
Most Satisfying: Playing against a very, very good Greninja in For Glory with one stock left and about 150% damage, while my opponent had two stock and about 90% when I took him out with ZSS up b. He reswpans, I knock him to the ledge with about 30%, as he is coming back up, I down A him at the perfect time, sending him meteoring off the stage and I won. Was very happy about that one.

Most frustrating: getting beat by move spammers. It is one of the few things in this game that really gets under my skin.

Last edited:

Akhenderson

Smash Apprentice
Most frustrating: Lagging when I tried recovering with PKT2 and I miss PKT.
Most satisfying: Hitting the opponent with a point blank PKT2 when they failed to edgeguard me.

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
Landing a solid Bowser Bair as an edge guard KO is SO satisfying. Did not like getting getting caught by a few of Ike's neutral and side b's for not knowing the hit boxes well enough :(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Any match my level is about the same as the opponent's and I end up winning (or even losing, but still getting close to win) count as satisfying experiences for me.

Any match against projectile spammers have been hell, though :c

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Most satisfying: Managing to quickly hop off a ledge and PK Thunder myself as :4ness: into someone that tried to predict me doing a ledge attack instead.
Most frustrating: Racking up a :4lucario: to 130+% only to get KO'd at under 80%.

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
I lose everything. my win to lose ratio has like a 30 games gap because I'm really stubborn. I hate myself so much

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Monday I was playing a Link who was up a stock on me and generally tearing me apart for the whole stock. Then I came back with a Knee of Justice for his first stock, then after a short combo meteored him while he was recovering to get the second. Was my best comeback.

I also saved a replay of a ridiculous falcon punch kill I got on a Sheik in For Glory, one of my proudest moments

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Satisfying? Hm...landing a fully charged PK Flash on people. I beat a decent DHD with about 168% damage. Two stocked him actually.

Most satisfying yet: both players on their last stock, both high percent, me off stage no jumps left, me using PKT2, opponent thinks I'm gonna try for the ledge, they jump off for the kill, I PKT2 into the stage instead, do PKT again, PKT2 right into them, and they die.

Love how a lot of people still don't know Ness can PKT2 twice.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Most satisfying: KOing a Duck Hunt player with his own (stupid) can. That was so cathartic.

Most frustrating:
just about any match where I'm absolutely helpless to do anything against my opponent.
Except it's more "I feel like I'm helpless" rather than that I actually am. Every move has a counter, I just suck at finding them.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I've only done it once since I don't play Jiggs much even though Jiggs is fun to play, plus it's super risky, but KOing with Rest is just the best ever, it's so unexpected and probably one of the most satisfying ways to kill in the game

KOing with Ness' godly b throw is great too, and all of Pac Man's moves are a lot of fun, especially throwing fire hydrants on people

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Most satisfying moments: When you hit a turn-around Falcon/Warlock Punch or the Knee of Justice. Also predicting a counter from counter-spamming people just to give them a kick in the behind with Ganon's USmash.
Most frustrating is people spamming. DDD FTilt, Fox Blaster, Villager and his Tree camping shenanigans.
Oh and also, Little Mac players who are a try hard. Dash Dancing, and with every hit/counter: Taunt.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Most Satisfying : Final Destination : Sonic VS King DeDeDe . I'm on my last stock, 128% he have his last stock 0% . Win at 232% With a Spinshoot who save my life and a Back+A kick ... Best day of my ilfe

Most Frustrating : Bowsercide ... those ******* ...

Niala

Smash Ace
I got rekt playing against a ZSS the other day. Was incredibly far ahead (like, 30% to 150%) with Robin and ftilted her offstage to try and gimp. Proceeded to get downb-spiked by overextending. Was a pretty sad day for me. I didn't lose a match to her after that, though, so it kinda made up for it.

I haven't had any major successes, since I'm a very safe player and typically don't go for very risky plays. As I've described, they usually don't work out. I suppose a Jv3-stock with WFT against Greninja was pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Most satisfying:
  • Pulling off an awesome combo with Luigi. I saved a replay of me destroying some Captain Falcon I met online.
  • Encountering opponents that are actually good at the game. I found a good Pikachu player yesterday and I had a fun time. Challenging harder opponents only helps me get better... even though I kinda lose most of the time against them.
  • Winning with 2 stocks.
  • Seeing a terrible Little Mac fall to their demise. I once had a Little Mac player use Jolt Haymaker, he missed me completely, and he died.
  • Beating someone with the same character you're playing as.
Most frustrating:
  • Lag. Nuff said.
  • Encountering terrible opponents. Free wins are nice, but how will I improve?
  • Seeing someone get so desperate that they start to use Little Mac. I've encountered that a few times.
  • Seeing someone get so desperate that they use suicidal moves just to get some cheap win.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Satisfying: Winning a match against a Pikachu by coming back from a full stock down and at 100%+

Frustrating: Any instance where input/regular lag spikes, especially during recoveries and attempted dodges; it's like watching a slideshow where you watch in sadness as your character doesn't respond to you fast enough.

-Also, spindashing but realizing you don't have any jumps left, or just barely clipping the ledge with it and going past it to your doom.

Last edited:

Artificialignorance

Smash Rookie
Most Satisfying: KO'ing someone with Little Mac's F-air. That person quit before the match ended.

Frustrating: Lag obviously. Terrible players. Spammers.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The most satisfying was establishing dominance in a Puff ditto, the other guy was really good too and it was incredibly close, but I just barely managed to outdo him.

Most frustrating is probably Duck Hunt Dog just camping at the ledge, I swear, this character has the potential to ruin competitive play.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Frustrating: played a match against a mega man when I was having pretty bad lag. I was using ganondorf and couldn't really dodge anything coming at me with the lag. Only time I nearly rage quit so far :ganondorfmelee:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Most satisfying would be fighting a pretty decent Little Mac as Mario and being on our last stock each. I threw him of the edge and followed with a quick bair only to realize I had fast-fallen too much and couldn't make it back to the ledge. We both up-b'd, but he crossed the lower blast zone first.

Worst would be playing against a good Dedede as Greninja and being competitive only to lose both stocks to failed recovery. I still can't quite get the hang of his hydro pump.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
-Satisfying-

- Launching Duck Hunt Dogs off the face of the earth with their own cans.
- Trashing my opponent when they change to the character I'm playing after they lost numerous times.
- Killing players with B-Throws.

-Frustrating-

- Playing against a much more experienced player numerous times in an attempt to get better, but they taunt every time they take a stock :(
- Players who roll spam. How is that fun for either of us?!
- Playing against a Sonic in general.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Satisfying:

Beat a guy playing Fox while I was the Cap, so he switches to Duck Hunt and proceeds to wall me out on the ledge. He takes my first stock and is sitting pretty at 30%. I proceed to rush him down and spike him offstage on both of his stocks through his attempts to continue camping. He quit out immediately afterwards.

Frustrating:

Duck Hunt in general.
Also lag. I once had a match wherein the framerate wasn't choppy, but my moves would execute two full seconds after the input. I won, but I wasn't happy about it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Most Satisfying:
-Hammer kills as:4iggy:are a religious experience
-Beating an opponent who spams/camps
-Offstage Flare Blitz kills. It's dumb as hell and usually gets me killed, but it's gratifying.

Most Frustrating:
-Going for an offstage hammer kill with :4iggy:and SDing. Happens too much.
-Matter of fact, SDing trying to style in general. But that's my own fault.
-Getting my face stomped by M2K's twin brother. Like, I'm all for trying to improve, but sometimes you get that player who's miles and miles out of your league and serves as a grim reminder that I am bad.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Satisfying: Winning a match against a Pikachu by coming back from a full stock down
As opposed to a half stock?

Most satisfying: Two stock wins
Playing an opponent clearly better than yourself only to win from a botched recovery likely due to control fudging, satisfying... cheap.... but satisfying

Most frustrating: playing an opponent clearly less skilled than yourself only to lose from a botched recovery due to a control fudge

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Most satisfying? I have a collection

Satisfying
- Caped a fully charged Villager FSmash with Doc because he thought I was getting linear with my approaches. It won the match.
- Caped a point blank fully charged megabuster attempt at an edgeguard. Cape clutch is very much a thing.
- Perfect sex kick nair edgeguard with Doc, hit on the very last frame to stuff a Lucario's extremespeed, Up+B into ledge, read his recovery and Bair'd right after.
- Ganondorf Dair on a Greninja that tried to ledgestall. Never try this ever
- Doc UpSmash behind the head hitbox(basically the first hitbox it has) punishing the 3rd hit of a Dancing Blade against a Lucina online. It was fantastic
- Jab into Fire Jump Punch mixup with Luigi working.
- Beating someone who tried to beat me by counterpicking my OWN CHARACTER (dunno if it was intentional but given he played like 3 chars before it I imagine it was)

Unsatisfying
- Losing to bad things that I shouldn't have lost to. Gotta git gud
- Lag obviously

Honestly I'm more satisfied than unsatisfied. Quite fun.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Satisfying: any time I take out DHD, feels good to actually hurt him after all the times of him laughing at me as a little kid.
Also countering a counter in team battles.

Frustrating: Those rare jigglypuff that know what they are doing, Im really not a fan of being forced into a nap mid-fight.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Satisfying: My opponent's main was Toon Link and he beat me (i used a random). Then i switched to Toon Link who is also my main. To sum it up, i showed him who is the better toon link player ;)

Frustrating: Anybody worse than me who beats me once then quits out. Like c'mon bruh

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Unsatisfying: Getting a Lucario to 150% with ZSS and getting 2 stocked with how powerful they were

Satisfying: In a for fun match, I was playing as Shulk, in the lead, last 10 seconds a smash ball comes up, I get it, and trap 2 people with it and kill them by 1 second of the end of the match...so freaking sweet...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Satisfying:
Beat a ZSS with Zelda (I didn't even needed the Lightning Kicks yay!)
Every time I gimp a Little Mac's Recovery

Frustrating:
The Lag making me fail to use any kind Counter properly

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Ness uses PK Thunder
>Rosalina (me) uses Gravitational Pull
>PK Thunder spins around to Ness's left and hits him after coming out from the right
>Ness does his specific "launch" animation for when he hits himself with PK Thunder
>Ness flies off the stage in a helpless state, Rosalina wins

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Satisfying: Successfully using Luma to achieve kills remotely, or doing one-person Wombo Combos by following up an attack from Luma with Rosalina and vice versa.

Frustrating: Messing up the angle on Launch Star and completely missing the ledge as a result.

Even more frustrating: Going up against someone who can intelligently deal with Luma and keep just out of my range while racking up the damage and kills.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Satisfying: Anytime Shulk's Up Smash or Vision Counter knocks off one stock of the enemy, especially if it's their 2nd one.

Frustrating: Lag spikes + Projectile Users

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Satisfying: I was playing Mega Mana at the time, trying him out since I used him the most in the demo. I was going against a really competent Ness player. I held my own at the beginning but quickly lost ground in the fight. I was down 1 and a half stock, at 140% and he still had 2 stocks left. Somehow, through sheer will, using the crash bombs and metal blades effectively and finally being able to predict him moves, I made a MAJOR comeback. It was an extremely satisfying victory and one that I made sure I saved.

Frustrating: Lag spikes while fighting against really fast opponents or projectile users.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Most frustrating: Getting beaten by a villager who always planted a tree near the ledge in for glory mode, then having him consistently chop it down on my head whenever I grabbed the ledge. The guy beat both my Robin and Lucina.

Most satisfying: Out of annoyance, I chose to use villager against his villager, and somehow won. I've probably only played villager twice before as well, so I didn't expect to win. When I did though, I just kept smiling like an idiot.

Top Bottom