• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Memorable Kills in Smash 4?

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Pretty much what the title says. Smash 4 has its moments, and when it shines, it shines. Discuss some of your favorite kills you've pulled off! My absolute favorite kill for me was while playing some FG as Falcon against a ZSS I managed to pull off a Dthrow > Uair > Knee for a KO without taking any damage. Glorious.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Playing as Doc against a cpu Robin. Caped his Elwind spike into him, which still caused it to spike. And then two days later the 3DS version patched and my replay became invalid >.<

Alternately, several fun and hype kills against friends, but none quite as amusing as that cape.

Smash4United

Smash Rookie
I played someone who ranked #2nd at a local tourney (I was ranked #9). I was Sheik he was Falcon. I hit him of stage. As he was recovering I hung on to the ledge. I let go and meant to hit him in his recovery with uair. Instead, I just footstooled him into his death and won the match. People were going crazy thinking that I deliberately footstooled him in such fashion. It was just luck, but memorable due to surrounding hype.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Played Mac dittos one time and my opponent hard-read my ko punch, but the wind box blasted him offstage and he lost.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I was playing against a friend's Robin online as Shulk when I pulled two frame-perfect and game changing forwarded Visions on his Thoron and Down Smash. Literally any millisecond later on the input and I would've instantly died both times (Probably pure exaggeration, but that's what it felt like to me).

Thoron: I just landed on the ground when Thoron started popping out of his tome. Frazzled with my 120% compared to his 50% I Vision'd enough to close the distance and started comboing him and sent him off stage.

Down Smash: I rolled myself to FSmash him being in the ledge but whiffed it to the point that he rolled right inside my character model during my entire end lag. I immediately popped up Vision since I knew he wanted to end my stock and got the counter on the very first active frame of both of our moves, sending him past the blastzone and winning me the game.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
My friend is just a bit better than me with all of his mains (except one), and he just picked up Marth, who he was boss at edge-guarding with and I would barely win, but it would always be close.

When he started playing Marth at the beginning of the day I instantly caught on to his habits. He would get too greedy, meaning a footstool could end a stock just like that, and a lot more predictable things.

Anyways, it was me and my 3 friends, and when it gets to a 1v2, the 1 player 1v1s the other guys one at a time. Basically it turned out to just be me and him after I beat his teammate. He had 1 stock and I did too, just I had 50%. We were on battlefield.

We started and I instantly started wooping his ass with my man Kirby. D-air to 5 consecutive U-tilts, to an u-air, land on platform with him, and a F-smash on the platform. Now he had about 60%, and we kept duking it out. Now he was at 95% and I was at about 80%. I grabbed him by the ledge, did 5 pummels, and did a B-throw so he was offstage. Here comes the hardest read of my life.

Right after I threw him, I jumped backwards after him, going for the bair. I read the counter. I predicted it, and just let him do it. He actually did it. Right when the counter ended I did my bair and ended the match. I went insane, and said "DUDE THAT WAS EPIC" and all my friends agreed, but him being the douche he is, said "I challenge you to a 1v1" over and over not accepting defeat. I did and I lost (friggin Sanic match-up sucks) and after he won it took 10 minutes of talking to FINALLY accept my perfect read.

Colinthewierd

Smash Rookie
I Love it when my dad is playing with charizard :006: and I just do a simple dodge and he flareblitz himself right off the edge! :joyful:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
It was a random for glory online team battle. I was dedede, and my teammate was samus. I cant remember who we were facing, but I think it was a sonic and ike. The match was nearing its end and we were down by one, however the momentum was in our favor. We were getting close to taking the lead, but then the countdown started. "FIVE", Ike was charging at me from the right side of the stage while samus was edge guarding sonic at the left edge. "FOUR", Ike jumps at me and sonic gets past samus. "THREE", I started preparing an up smash when I saw ike jump, so I charge it a bit, knowing I need every bit of luck to get this KO, and samus blasts sonic to the top center of the stage. "TWO", I release the up smash, and a hit! Ike gets sent straight up, meanwhile, samus pursues sonic to the top of the stage. "ONE", Samus uses her up-B, catching sonic, AND intercepting Ike, electrifying both of them and then, BOOM! BOOM! "TIME!". We won the match! Watching the replay, one just has to admire how perfectly timed that up-B was, and how lucky we were to get both of our opponents at that spot right at the last second. A very memorable match!

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Being able to do a ganoncide twice in a for glory match. It was so satisfying.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Two occasions.
1. I was playing as :4darkpit: and I ran to grab a :4littlemac:who was standing on the edge and start pummeling him. I guess the momentum caught up and we just both fall off the stage and I footstool Mac on my way back up.

2. I have a :4dk: charging up his punch on the edge and I use :4zelda:'s Farore's Wind to teleport behind him. It doesn't damage him but the little puff of wind pushes him off the edge and he's still stick charging the punch. Classic.

Actually make that 3.
I used :4rob:'s Rotor Arm spin to reflect an Aura Sphere and I guess the guy was so baffled that he stood there for like 10 seconds after respawning.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Got 3 stitchfaces with peach yesterday in one stock. Brutal stuff.
Also every dSpecial kick spike kill below 40% with ZSS is pure bliss. I can literally taste the salt after that.

HylianHero0218

Smash Rookie
NNID
Force-of-Courage
3DS FC
2809-8869-5578
I went up against a diddy online. I was game and watch. He started rolling around so i grabbed him and through him off. I back aired his recovery and to say the least he got knocked off. I had 1 damage from a trade. He came after me on the second stock once again rolling. After a few blows judgement was on my side. The down throw 9 sent him flying. I still only had 1 damage.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I had a pretty satisfying one last night with my friend in a team battle for glory against a husband and wife duo
The wife's handle was Crystal and the Husband was Will. Against they're mains we barely lost, but as time progressed we started winning matches too. my friend is like me, picks random nearly every time, no main, just proficient with 98% of the characters enough to hold our own. After a while the random gives me Captain Falcon and he gets Samus. Crystal I believe was ZZS and Will was Link (their mains) at one point I was chasing down Will as my friend focused on Crystal, I'm trying to keep will from recovering so I get an up smash started. unfortunately Will falls backwards to get the edge grab so I sigh and randomly decide to let the up smash charge fully and release. Unknown to me at that exact moment my friend side smashes crystal straight into the tip of my fully charged up smash for a sky rocketing KO that drove us nuts.
We then had to switch dance partners because Crystal was flippin ticked and started barreling down on my butt, we won that match by that KO, not many moments like that, and it happened with a friend. Total bliss. Though the fact that we were outclassed as far as experience goes may have made the win more satisfying.

There were a lot of moments like that fighting Crystal and Will. Because my friend and I don't really have a main and ergo a distinct fighting pattern our randomized character selections lead to some moments were we dominated, and others where we got crushed. All in all it was a blast but that was the moment that got us out of our seats dancing around like crack crazed lunatics.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I was edgeguarding as Pika against a friend one night and I used Thunder while falling to give myself a boost and they were spiked by the cloud into the burst and KO'd.

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
We hosted a small event in my town and I had a rough match versus one of the top 4 players. It ended kind of hilariously and he was pretty confused about the outcome, but I was cracking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zY-xUgtIpU

And yeah I know, we are scrubs

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
One time a :4diddy: tried to recover with his barrels but i shot a pill with :4drmario: wich caused :4diddy: to fall down.
I have it on replay, but i don't know how to upload them on Youtube.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
One of my favorites I have pulled off a few times is randomly tossing a sword or tome without aim off stage as Robin and killing.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The first human player I ever successfully used my reverse shot > upair combo with duck hunt was Chudat's sheik after coming back from being down 2 stocks.

It was just nice something I worked on and was worried was legit or not managed to work on a top player, even if only in friendlies at the time. It's definitely something I remember every time I do it now.

RedishGreen

Smash Rookie
I got this kill on the 3DS version and I can't remember if it got wiped by the update or not, but:

I was :4pacman:
For Glory, 1v1
Against a :4falco: (i think)

He was trying to recover, both of us down 1 stock, and then just like this I combo'ed him
Cherry
Strawberry
Orange.
He died when he got hit by the orange.

Azew

Smash Lord
I was playing the hardest opponent I've ever faced in my faceI managed to take out one of his two stocks, but I was already at 140%+. He almost had me when my circle pad screwed up and I headet meteor smashed him into his demise. I did not deserve to win.
Which makes it all the better~

therestofus

Smash Rookie
I did the jigglypuff hungrybox combo.
and dat Uair then Utilt den de rest oh how Great it was it felt better then cooking with etika...
:4jigglypuff:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
First day starting to play with Captain Falcon, playing a level 9 CPU Marth, he recovers up past the ledge and I get a falcon punch on him.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Was playing as Captain Falcon against my friend, who was playing Link at the time, and I KO'd him all three stocks all of them ending with a reverse Falcon Punch. It was freaking amazing at how salty he got.

Bionox

Smash Rookie
I pulled off a jumping falcon punch to avoid my friends counter hitbox which killed him and his duo partner when I was 1 v2ing. Everyone went nuts

_gold_

Smash Master
Nothing really specific yet. I've pulled off some :4zss:meteor moves I'm pretty proud of. I once beat a Diddy player with Bowser. That too was satisfying.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Definitely with Villager.

I was able to zero to death my friend's Ike with a string of fairs.

And any other fair strings with Villager as well, would probably make that list.

Alanamaslama

Smash Rookie
Mega Man (me) vs. Zelda

We played FG a few times and this person was able to land her teleport on me (where she lands and there's an explosion) pretty consistently, nailing me with sweet spot fairs, too. She beat me pretty easily 3-1 before I left.

In the one match i won, we were both on our last stocks, but I was at 130% and she was at 45%. She was playing loose and toying with me and she was great at hitting those teleports. I rush coiled on the stage and was near the top blast zone. She teleported up-forward to kill me with the explosion, but last second I fastfalled and up-aired Mega Man's cyclone. Caught her exactly at launch and since she was so close to the blast zone the cyclone caught a few hits before finally sweeping her upwards into the sky for the win.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anytime I land the Falco D-air spike. Or the Rosalina one. Rosalina has a lot of satisfying KO potential in general. Luma Ping-Pong is the best.

Falco's F-air is also satisfying to get KOs with.

I can't think of more specific moments. I did have a really clutch 2v2 as Sonic. My brother got KO'd early, and it was a stock match with online friends, who were Little Mac and Lucina. However, despite them having a massive lead, I managed to pull off a win. It was incredibly satisfying.

Savangardius Corsio

Smash Rookie
NNID
Savangardius
Well... I was playing as Samus against a Link in FG. I threw him off the stage, and I shot a missile at him and he got hit (btw he had his 2nd jump already used), he was trying to recover again and I did the same, he got hit with another missile and finally he tried to recover again and then I shot him with a half-charged B and I killed him and I won.

The end.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I once fought a Luigi while using Mega Man and we both played pretty evenly
The player Up + B's me to Star KO, then after I respawned, I slowly approached the player and Up Tilt (Mega Upper) in retaliation. Nearing the last minute or so, we spent it trying to uppercut each other. I perfect shielded the player's SJP, then shoved another Up Tilt leading to a glorious KO

Thundering TNT

Smash Cadet
I have a few.
One time I was playing online 3ds version with my friend, he was Pacman and I was Shulk. He dropped a hydrant, then ran to the other side of the screen. I rolled behind the first water spurt and started charging my f-smash. He didn't know what I was doing, and did his side b toward me. The water pushed me at exactly the rright time and I was abke to smash him to his death at about 105%.

Another time, I was falcon vs this mac on for glory. I kept getting him with dthrow u-airs. I read that he woukd counter, and I got the falcon punch. It was amazing.

Lastly, me vs my brother. I was ganondorf, one of my mains, and he was lucina, who he never plays. First stock, i get four b-airs then a f-smash. I only had 15% from a trade we had at the beginning of the match. Second stock, I knock him off the edge and when he gets close, I do the u-tilt to try and edge gaurd him. He makes it up, however, but for some reason, he decided to shield the hit. Obviously, this breaks his shield, and I decide to pull out my sword before I reverse warlock him to death at 25%. He is still salty agout that taunt to this day.

Top Bottom