• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most/least fun character to fight?

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Sephiroth due to him being a hardcore battle of patience and zoning, understanding each others habits, and knowing whether to be aggressive or defensive.
Especially since his low weight and high kill power means you will die at similar %, making the game feel very tense and actionpacked, where little mistakes could lose the game for both sides.

Mac because you juggle him, camp him, just exploit his recovery... that’s it. Not very interactive.

Please don’t bash other people based on what they like or dislike. It’s not nice!

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Most annoying = Pikachu = too small and fast. OG Pikachu was fat and had poor speed stat.
2nd most annoying = Inkling w/ side special

most fun / easy __ = ganondorf = literally 2nd worst recovery in game.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Most annoying = Pikachu = too small and fast. OG Pikachu was fat and had poor speed stat.
2nd most annoying = Inkling w/ side special

most fun / easy __ = ganondorf = literally 2nd worst recovery in game.
Pika needs a bigger hurtbox, yea.

Ganon can be fun in specific MU’s. I generally don’t like him though because its too easy. I just have to zone them with boomerano bomb and master sword with link. With hero i just out range him with the sword of light, zap/Zapple, and frizz/frizzle

Nah

Smash Champion
least enjoyable would probably be :ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultluigi:, Pika can be obnoxious sometimes too

most fun I'm not sure really

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Pikachu and Pichu are more fun to play than Steve mains and Steve mains are more fun to play against than Joker mains and Joker mains are more fun to play against than Ken mains. Kens are just no fun to play against.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
zss is antifun and turns an interactive platform fighter into a glorified game of tag

lucina is fun to fight due to her lack of gimmicks, if you lose you just got outplayed (or outranged lmao)

pacman is fun to fight due to his complex gimmicks, contrary to popular belief he's not a zoner nor camping archetype its more of a trap based playstyle.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
zss is antifun and turns an interactive platform fighter into a glorified game of tag

lucina is fun to fight due to her lack of gimmicks, if you lose you just got outplayed (or outranged lmao)

pacman is fun to fight due to his complex gimmicks, contrary to popular belief he's not a zoner nor camping archetype its more of a trap based playstyle.
Zss is very unfun yes. Plus, once you do “tag” her, she has down b...

I also agree with Lucina, but I feel she can get a tad too mashy for my liking.

Pac-man is a zoner-trap character, similar to how Link is a sword fighter-zoner. A hybrid, if you will. He can kinda do everything well, but he can zone-camp incredibly better than most, and his traps are crazy.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Zelda- Glorified special moves that doesn't take much thought or effort. Literally half of her moveset doesn't get utilized by every Zelda main.
Imagine having a special move from just activating it, gives you instant neutral and stage control. And also having another special that deflects projectiles, but also up close opponents with little to no lag, so it's incredibly infuriating to punish. Up Special also has a huge hitbox for no reason even though it kills.
She is one of the characters too, that make doubles not enjoyable with all of this, it becomes a spam fest and you have to play her game whenever she's on the battlefield.
I feel like Sakurai made her this way because he felt females and also younger girls would play her.
Either way though, she's extremely obnoxious.

Game and Watch- The game is no interactions, nothing. Just waiting to approach for G&W to make a mistake and punish him, after spamming up special out of shield and then Dair. All of his moves are safe, his out of shield option is for some reason a frame 1 invincibility up special that gives him complete control of neutral with the fact he can dair left or right. Down samsh bury to forward smash is incredibly too strong for fast down smash and as well forward smash is way too strong.

King DeDeDe- Also has a obnoxious special move that gives him instant neutral and stage control. Gordo's are way too strong for such little effort, they can kill, and they have very hard to predict patterns half the time whether it being on flat ground or not. It's even worse online and with how Ultimate feels as a game, you have such a hard time to react to such a projectile. DeDeDe being able to reflect projectiles(including his own gordos) with swallowing them makes it harder for characters to actually counter act his annoying gordo play. DeDeDe is extremely safe with his moves with close encounters even if you get past the spam, he is also a heavy weight so it takes forever to kill him, and also his recovery and off stage options are too way too good.
He's also one of the characters that make doubles not fun either, spamming gordo's all over the stage.
I loved playing DeDeDe in Brawl, sucks that they purposely made him mediocre for an brain dead implementation since Tr4sh.

King K. Rool- Cannon ball into throwing side special; Crown hitbox is huge and lingers for way too long and KingK has armor as he does this, making it where punishing him is extremely hard, specially when KingK is under a platform, as platforms are bad in this game. Has a game mechanic with his belly having armor, so it makes it hard to punish him in areas he should be punished. His recovery is annoyingly difficult to punish.
Him being able to vaccum others with his gun off stage and shoot them underneath is just a cheap stock for something as easy.
Yet another character that turns doubles matches into a boring experience.

PacMan- Another G&W character, extremely boring to fight against, spam's down special in the air, overall all-around safe character where you have to wait for them to slip up. Pretty awful experience to endure.
He's at least tolerable to play with in doubles than the above ones I mentioned.

Megaman- Same thing here, just spams down special as well, doesn't approach as they use really safe moves from a certain distance. Worst than Pacman and maybe even worse than G&W. Absolute and complete boredom here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some others, like Bayonetta and Pyra/Mythra, but I'll be here awhile if I continue, so I'll explain more if asked.
Don't get the wrong idea either, I have and still do beat players that main these characters, however it's not that I even struggle playing against them, it's that to beat them, you have to play at brain numminngly boring pace. It feels competely underwhelming after the match and even discourages me from playing for the day as I feel like I wasted time of my life.
I strongly believe these characters need a revamp/rehaul with how they are designed to play.

Last edited:

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Most fun for me is Little Mac! If I have to camp to win, I'm totally fine with it! Set up that tent and let's go!

Least fun is anyone I can't camp like Steve.

Top Bottom