• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most irritating braindead For Glory/Offline styles?

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
I've only seen one or two good Mewtwos on FG, so... yeah.
It's not even "good" or "bad" it's just the SAME THING over and over. How can all these different people play ALL the same way? Run to one end of the stage, charge shadowball, run to the other end, charge shadowball. Holy moses I just SD. Samus is runner up with this.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm fine with all the players who go for down-throw combos and Samus players who use a bunch of projectiles. They usually don't know that they're annoying and are trying their actual best.

I dislike the players who use Kirby and go to the edge to Kirbicide. They aren't actually trying and continue to do it even if it doesn't work. I would show a replay of one but it got deleted in one of the updates >_>

Last edited:

Weaknd

Smash Rookie
Mario's for glory dem.
camping to : roll, d-smash,roll,roll,spotdodge-d-smash

i don't know if it's the server but with some characters like marth i feel like you can't do anything

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Projectile Spam. It isn't really hard to deal with in my opinion (unless your Mega Man). However, I still find it frustrating to play against, mainly because if my opponent just sits there and spams the match is going to be tedious, not only that but it's just something I find on FG way too much. I mean I haven't found a single Link that doesn't spam projectiles half the match in FG.

Oh yea, and Zero Suits basic combos. Predictable, but its effective. Grab+ A couple of up airs+ up special. If your someone with a huge hitbox like R.O.B...then lets just say you are probably going to have a bad time.

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Mario's for glory dem.
camping to : roll, d-smash,roll,roll,spotdodge-d-smash

i don't know if it's the server but with some characters like marth i feel like you can't do anything
I hate facing Mario's, too, but in my case they're way too good for me. :crying:

Instead of camping/roll-spamming, they chase me down and completely destroy me. I'm not good enough for them...

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
Projectile Spam. It isn't really hard to deal with in my opinion (unless your Mega Man). However, I still find it frustrating to play against, mainly because if my opponent just sits there and spams the match is going to be tedious, not only that but it's just something I find on FG way too much. I mean I haven't found a single Link that doesn't spam projectiles half the match in FG.

Oh yea, and Zero Suits basic combos. Predictable, but its effective. Grab+ A couple of up airs+ up special. If your someone with a huge hitbox like R.O.B...then lets just say you are probably going to have a bad time.
Nothing says "fun" like being spammed to death by ROB with the disc and lazer blast. No effort, maximum return. Epitome of laziness.

Jaketto

Smash Rookie
I was only thinking this the other day!!! I absolutely despise Wario's that seem to just use the bike.
It isn't too hard to handle but it can definitely be annoying. In saying that when fighting a decent Wario they seem to tear me apart.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
smash 4 is so scrub friendly it's embarrassing. every combo starts from down throw, ledge trumping ruins edge hogging, rage ruins combos and hard hitting characters shouldn't have to rely on it to get K.O's at 100%. You can just throw out moves without any consequences in this game if you have the frame data for it as the mechanics only benefit highly mobile characters. Not to mention how nobody in this game ever approaches...

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
smash 4 is so scrub friendly it's embarrassing. every combo starts from down throw, ledge trumping ruins edge hogging, rage ruins combos and hard hitting characters shouldn't have to rely on it to get K.O's at 100%. You can just throw out moves without any consequences in this game if you have the frame data for it as the mechanics only benefit highly mobile characters. Not to mention how nobody in this game ever approaches...
Melee was worse in terms of having mechanics that benefit highly mobile characters. Captain Falcon could fly across the screen with a single jump in Melee. If you were mobile, you were lucky. If you weren't, then you were more than likely not a good character. It's like I've said before, characters with good mobility have everything to gain and nothing to lose. What do immobile characters gain from being slow? Nothing. The list of advantages mobile characters gain from being mobile is endless. A game's balance is more than its characters.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Everyone knows there are some hardcore scrubs on For Glory, but what do you think are the most annoying, most irritating, most salt-inducing or simply most cheap playstyles they have to offer?

I personally hate the For Glory Mario - down throw combos, cape, fludd and so on...
Ganondorf players who do nothing but wait and spam side-B off-stage.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf players who do nothing but wait and spam side-B off-stage.
So, you hate 99% of FG Ganons?

Truth aside, I HATE projectile spammers (*cough cough*:4robinm::4samus::4link::4rob::4link::4rob::4robinf::4samus: *cough cough*). They think they're good, spamming their lasers and their thunder and their chargeshots, and as soon as you-god forbid-use an attack that requires the A button and HIT THEM, they recover and rollspam to the opposite ledge and repeat. It's annoying, not fun and a pain to deal with.
(Unless you have a reflector or PK Magnet/bucket stuff. Then #freewin, but its still annoying)

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
A certain strategy that seems to REALLY annoy me right now is the 'Smash Attack->Spot Dodge->Smash Attack' strategy.

I guess it is somewhat effective, but with characters like the Mario Bros. and Toon Link with their REALLY fast Up Smashes/Down Smashes, it gets irksome very quickly. It's not even a read usually because it's simply a simple habit they get into.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
A certain strategy that seems to REALLY annoy me right now is the 'Smash Attack->Spot Dodge->Smash Attack' strategy.

I guess it is somewhat effective, but with characters like the Mario Bros. and Toon Link with their REALLY fast Up Smashes/Down Smashes, it gets irksome very quickly. It's not even a read usually because it's simply a simple habit they get into.
Usually when I see people repeating/spamming Smash attacks, I just throw out a long disjointed hitbox or a projectile, like Wii Fit's Sun Salutation.

Or I just stand there and wait for them to stop being silly.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467

Falco is notorious for this crap. But its easier to punish Falco for it unlike Mario who was just made to be noob-friendly and annoying as possible.

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
Falco is notorious for this crap. But its easier to punish Falco for it unlike Mario who was just made to be noob-friendly and annoying as possible.
Yeah. Mario is the worst for it.

Top Bottom