• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated match up?

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
I get annoyed against campy/spacing characters since it's Omega stages only and I find that **** way easier to deal with when I have platforms to work around.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Mainly anybody with a projectile unless I'm Palutena, then its fun. It's hard trying to go fast when you got obstacles in your way all the time.

Managomous

Smash Cadet
NNID
RanmaTheAncient
Lol there's too many.

But if I have to say, the most hated match-up right now would be Cloud. Not only is he a sword-fighter which is terrible for Puff's everywhere. But he's incredible powerful with amazing reach. I think right now balance is needed in terms of that character. But it's all good.

Be rollin.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Lol there's too many.

But if I have to say, the most hated match-up right now would be Cloud. Not only is he a sword-fighter which is terrible for Puff's everywhere. But he's incredible powerful with amazing reach. I think right now balance is needed in terms of that character. But it's all good.

Be rollin.
Instead of nerfing good characters, I feel buffs are in order for the ones Nintendo has neglected, namely jiggs, Samus, and Zelda. Just make the bad characters viable!

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
As far as most hated, I guess I'd say :4zss: and :4sonic: are two characters who just really don't feel that fun to fight against and make me want to quit in the middle of the match. It also doesn't help that most of the time I run into these characters, it's someone that switches to them on like the second/third match or something to counter pick a previous character of mine (usually :4myfriends:).

So I'm generally fighting against the typical flowchart version of these characters which in turn, makes me hate these matches.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Online: :4sonic::4littlemac::4link::4tlink::4shulk:
With lag + Omega stages they are impossible to punish. I quit playing For Glory for this. Once I played with a friend of mine and I noticed how much I rolled and do stupid habits because of online.

Offline no one really bothers but I don't like go against :4sonic::4pikachu::4yoshi: or :4diddy:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Little Mac. Doesn't matter who I'm playing as.

It's just boring and/or obnoxious to me.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
Online: Samus, I can beat her, but it's such a drag having to play patiently. Otherwise Yoshi takes the cake, too awkward and difficult to punish and approach.

D

Deleted member

:4gaw:

1.:4cloud:
2. :rosalina:
3. :4zelda:
4. :4yoshi:
5. :4duckhunt:
I can understand all of those, but Zelda isn't a real threat to G&W in any capacity. She'll wreck you if you don't know the matchup or if she has Wi-Fi lag on her side, but that's really it.

She has no approach options, gets juggled thanks to her having no safe landing options, and if she does up-B onstage it can be easily shielded or punished. I'm pretty sure Din's Fire can be bucketed, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.989

Smash Rookie
I don't know why I have so much trouble against her. It's weird, I've beaten more
:4fox:'s:4sheik:'s &:4zss:'s than I have :4zelda:'s ....idk why but I just do not like fighting her, no matter what character I am, even since Melee. I mean I don't get completely obliterated against her or lose all the time to her. I just never liked facing her and I don't like her moveset lol

D

Deleted member

:4fox:

Fox... just... Fox. I can't beat a good Fox at all unless maybe I'm playing as Yoshi and try to play the MU as calm as possible. He's just so fast and his combos just outright eat me, him linking something into a fresh up smash is literally my worst nightmare every single time.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
:4fox:

Fox... just... Fox. I can't beat a good Fox at all unless maybe I'm playing as Yoshi and try to play the MU as calm as possible. He's just so fast and his combos just outright eat me, him linking something into a fresh up smash is literally my worst nightmare every single time.
This is when you play Dedede, right? Funny, because as a Fox main (:wolf: T_T) Dedede used to give me a good bit of trouble. Normally I can run laps around characters like him, but what range he has with his hammer, coupled with Fox's fast falling speed, fighting him just becomes a hassle.

D

Deleted member

This is when you play Dedede, right? Funny, because as a Fox main (:wolf: T_T) Dedede used to give me a good bit of trouble. Normally I can run laps around characters like him, but what range he has with his hammer, coupled with Fox's fast falling speed, fighting him just becomes a hassle.
Fox is one of Dedede's hard counters. He beats Gordo easily, combos him to hell and has little trouble killing him either. Key is to not let up smash go stale.

It probably was pretty hard in Brawl though, especially with Dedede's infinite chaingrab.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
as :4ganondorf: I hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaate playing against even a half-decent :4sonic: using like...a broken Wiimote or something ......honestly even :4sheik: isn't as annoying for me (it's still like 90000/0.03 but at least I can still *do* things)

as :4yoshi: every frustration I've felt in a matchup has been due to lack of experience with that matchup and thus is my fault and not something inherent with the character. then again I'm primarily a Ganon player and his matchups are so bad I honestly consider the ~40:60 matchup with Meta Knight to be a "good" matchup so idk

Top Bottom