• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most epic/cinematic "combo" in Brawl?

Chanda The Panda

Smash Rookie
I know there are very few "true combos" in Brawl with the lack of hitstun and the ease of DI, but out of any that you've ever performed/seen, which would be the most epic/cinematic? Team combos also acceptable.

I say cinematic because though D3's chain grab is effective, it's not very exciting to watch. Now, something like the Wombo Combo on the other hand, is a bit more in the epic direction.

For me, it would have to be Mario's Jab Jab Utilt (uair juggling) set up, and then my own personal combo finisher, double flip kick to Super Jump Punch. It looks like something straight out of Street Fighter when you actually pull it off. When playing with friends, yelling "Shin Shoryuken!" at the end is the icing on the POUND CAKE I just force fed them.

UberMario

Smash Master
Do combos involving items count?

If so, one time I was on "With Anyone" mode (before I was aware of this site) and I was in an 4-way FFA where there were two n00bs and a Bowser main that was bent on going only after me. While the two rookies were sitting on the opposite side of FFA, a Assist Trophy, a Fan, and a Warp Star appear next to Bowser and I about a minute into the fight. I grab the Assist Trophy (which ends up being Knuckle Joe) and fan-slap Bowser into KJ's punches, I then threw the fan at Bowser, grabbed the Warp Star and gimped KJ's rising break while I was off-screen, sending Bowser rocketing downward off the bottom of the screen faster than a home-run hit. Ironically, I was so intent on saving the replay that I accidentally pressed the start button instead of Z, which meant that I couldn't record it.

Without items, a Raptor Boost-Falcon Dive-Knee of Justice combo is pretty showy, especially if you somehow pull off a Falcon Punch KO afterward.

Top Bottom