• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most entertaining match-ups?

Cipherbrand

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was just wondering, in your opinion, what are the most entertaining match- ups to watch/participate in?

My personal favorite is Lucario vs Mewtwo. The visuals are absolutely stellar, and both players must remain remarkably light upon their feet as to avoid making fatal errors.

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
:4zss: VS :4falcon:
This fight is so much fun. They're two of the most mobile and combo-happy fighters, so the fight ends up being so fast-paced and intense that you can't help but love it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4rob:vs.:4duckhunt:on FD is always hilarious. Both sides are just throwing out projectiles, seeing who can get to kill % first. R.O.B. has a definite advantage, though, since his laser alone penetrates and out-ranges all of DH's projectiles, and he has better up-close options and has an easier time killing to boot. Which is why I love it.
:4mewtwo:vs. any of the heavies is a spectacle, since Mewtwo tends to beat heavies into a banana-flavored mush 1-on-1.
My favorite, however, will always be:4pacman:vs.:4kirby:. BATTLE OF THE SPHERICAL CREATURES WHO LIKE TO EAT THINGS!

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Fox vs Pikachu has always been fun to watch since 64.

I found Ganon vs almost anything is fun because a good Ganon is just fun to watch.

And I agree on ZSS verus Falcon and Pac-Man versus Kirby. Mega Man versus Mario is also a joy.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
:4mario: VS :4megaman: just because
:4yoshi: VS :4diddy: because reasons
:4megaman: VS :4villager: because matchups
:4sheik:VS :4zss: because top tiers
:4ness: VS :4myfriends: because I like that fight

AlexKO

Smash Rookie
Dedede mirror matchup. Reflecting gordos back and forth constantly! Lots of LOLs to be had.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I like watching really weird MU's:

:4jigglypuff:vs.:4ganondorf: is hilarious because one mistake means someone is dying. Jiggles can exploit Ganon's terrible recovery and Ganon can kill Jiggles hilariously early.
:4megaman:vs. Anyone really since good MM players are a joy to watch.
:4shulk:vs.:4myfriends: is fun for me to watch as well since both have nearly identical playstyles so it's engaging to see what one will do to counter one's own strategies. This goes for a lot of dittos. Zelda dittos are like this but also terribly awkward to participate in and watch.
:4marth:vs.:4falco: because seeing the fallen champs go at it now is both nostalgic and also kinda sad. Plus, their playstyles are so different now. Especially Falco who is really unique in sm4sh.
:4diddy: or :4sheik: getting beaten by any low tier character is refreshing though that may not be saying much now with the Diddy nerfs.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4falcon:vs:4ganondorf: has always been so much fun. More or less the same moveset but opposite playstyles.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Kirby dittos are god tier.

Cipherbrand

Smash Rookie
Robin vs Captain Falcon

I love watching Falcons struggle to approach Robin's projectile spam.

:)

Top Bottom