• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most challenging level 9 opponent for practice?

Nein01

Smash Rookie
This may seem like an odd question, and maybe there's no good answer for it, but..
Which character's AI poses the greatest challenge to a villager player?

I don't like to play smash online because of the lag, and I don't have any friends who are both into smash and live nearby, so I pretty much rely on fighting level 9 CPUs in training mode to improve my skills.

I've read on this forum recently that Sheik (human-controlled of course) is one of the hardest match ups for Villager, but I just opened up my 3DS a few minutes ago out of boredom/insomnia and KO'd a level 9 Sheik five times (almost six) on an omega stage before being KO'd myself - and that was with no warm-up at all.

I know that the game's AI is a joke compared to playing against a human, but surely some of the characters have better programmed behaviors than others, right? So I just became curious to know if anyone has ever tested this before and come up with any solid conclusion.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT fight level 9s. They give you bad habits, and make you fight way too safe. They unrealistically shield, and qirdodge any non-true combos you throw out.

I fight 8s or 7s usually.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Beyond learning your character's basics, CPUs aren't going to help you getting better much, just makes you better at fighting CPUs.

Try and fix that lag somehow or look up a local scene.

Nein01

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the tips. I started looking around online for a local scene. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some new folks within a couple of weeks.

ChromeZero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chrome_Zero
I am wondering how the CPU would compare to fighting other characters purely based on their AI. Just a mild curiosity really.

Nein01

Smash Rookie
You can always pit the CPUs against each other and just watch if you're curious about that. My little brother and I made a tournament bracket with all the fighters in Melee once just for fun back then. I don't remember the outcome though.. haha.

Top Bottom