• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most beautiful games on Wii U?

D

Deleted member

Here in this thread of threading, post pics of Wii U games you think are the most impressive in terms of aesthetics that are on the Nintendo Wii U Entertainment System.

Honestly 3D World has amazing graphics, and I think Captain Toad actually took it a step further surprisingly! Here's a pic I took on Miiverse when I was playing it.

Amazing.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'd have to say my top picks would be:

- Super Smash Bros. Wii U - We see it and hear it every day around here; the game is simply stunning. There's just too much that can be talked about when it comes to Smash 4 (Wii U).

- Mario Kart 8 - The detail put into the tracks that you can find if you really look is truly beyond. Ranging from the banners found throughout the tracks, the little Easter eggs throughout the game, the vehicle details to just the detail on the road itself and how the sun gleams off of the different textures. It doesn't take much to see that Nintendo went all-in with these tracks. The best part about it is probably the fact that they didn't have to add any of these extra features and Easter eggs, and yet they did.

- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - This game has charm coming from every direction. The detail put into every tiny world is quite phenomenal. The picture you posted is an example of this, as it gives off that mystical feeling when you're Captain Toad, the feeling that he's truly discovering something. The vast majority of the levels give off this air.

- Splatoon - A lot of people are giving this game ****, but I think that this game is going to leave behind a lot of charm when it finally hits the shelves. I know that it hasn't released yet, but judging from the footage, I just get that feeling. Perhaps I'm just an optimist, lol.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Quite honestly, I still think Super Mario Galaxy is the best looking Nintendo game ever. Even over 3D World and Captain Toad. Sure, it's SD, but it's beautiful.

Last edited:

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart 8 would get my vote. I feel like we don't even realize how amazing the graphics are when we're zipping through the courses so fast.

Pumped for the new DLC tomorrow.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Quite honestly, I still think Super Mario Galaxy is the best looking Nintendo game ever. Even over 3D World and Captain Toad. Sure, it's SD, but it's beautiful.
Metroid Prime series wants to have a word with you.

Anyways, on Wii U? Best looking games are basiclly going to be anything made by Nintendo.

But MK8 and Smash basiclly takes the cake right now. Splatoon looks like it will look amazing as well. Not really sure on the other games though. Haven't played them yet.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I totally forgot about Bayonetta 2. I have the game, but I still have yet to play it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
F-Zero U WOULD be the most beautiful game on the Wii U if the people at Nintendo could get their lives together, but until then, I'd like to nominate MH3U as one of the best-looking Wii U games.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Wind Waker HD

Last edited:

ReZo-nancE

Smash Rookie
Pikmin 3 has not been mentioned, and it ought to be. I've seen a playthrough and some screenshots and everything looks amazing. It's all in the subtle details of it all, really. Everything is so shiny and detailed! I remember absolutely loving the new Burrowing Snagret the first time I saw it.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Pikmin 3, definitely. The game that sold me on the system, and the game with some of the best-looking semi-realistic while stiill stylized GFX to date.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Nothing else comes close, except maybe Mario Kart 8. I'm genuinely surprised and heartbroken that nobody's brought it up.

Top Bottom